14- Going Into Labor

We both ran back to the elevator and waited impatiently as it slowly descended down to the basement and the door slid open as we both rushed out. Hank barged in the room and Alger was shaking violently on the metal operation table, her wrists and ankles fastened down so she wouldn't accidentally make herself fall to the floor.
I looked to the monitor that was attached to her. It still had a flatline.

Charles had his index fingers pressed against her temples while Peter watched anxiously.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked as I stood beside Peter.

"I believe your twin has riled her up." Charles grunted as he closed his eyes. "She might be starting to fight for control."

"Is there anything you can do?" Hank asked.

"I'm trying to get myself in there," Charles grunted again as if he were in pain. "He still has too strong of a grip on her mind."

"There must be something you can do!" Peter's voice trembled as much as Alger's body shook. "Like, he can't keep you locked out forever if he's trying to fight her off. He has to loosen his hold on her at some point."

"That's what I'm hoping for." Charles said. "Ansel must have a breaking point. We all do."

"Do you need us to do anything, Charles?" Hank glanced at Alger as her unconscious body grew more violent as the seizure continued. "Anything at all to help?"

"Some silence should suffice," Charles took a deep breath. "And a vision of a positive outcome."

Hank motioned us to stand against the wall farthest from Charles and the operation table. Peter and I hurried over and sat down, leaning against the wall, watching as Charles went silent while still pressing his index fingers against Alger's temples.

He took a deep breath and whispered to himself. "Let's get that bastard out of you."