Chapter 6: Leaving

Clarke:

I was exhausted after the walk back to camp from the grounders' and the whole episode with Finn. It was only mid-afternoon when I'd had enough and walked to my tent to sleep. I had a hard time getting to sleep but just as I was dozing I heard someone come into my tent. "It's not a good time, I'm trying to get a little sl-" I was interrupted by a fist connecting with my face.

"How could you let Bellamy almost strangle Finn?!?!" I gasped as blood started gushing from my nose, shooting off my cot and coming face to face with Raven.

"I tried to stop him and did! Had I not tried to get him off, Finn would be dead!" I could tast the blood running back into my nose and down my throat, getting into my mouth on the way. I choked and coughed, spitting a mouthful of blood onto the floor.

"You weren't fast enough, and now he's hurt!" She swung at me again, this time with a foot, catching me in the stomach and sending me backward to the floor as I continued to choke on blood. She walked over, standing above me and kicking me in the side.

"He was coming at me and Bellamy stepped in but I still stopped him." She crouched down next to me, putting her face up against my ear.

"Well he should have let Finn at you." With that she stood, giving me three more swift kicks to the ribs, leaving me spitting blood onto the floor and groaning from the pain. I I tried to get up, letting out a cry and falling back to where I was and staying there. I laid there for at least an hour before Bellamy came in to wake me up after I told him I was taking a short nap, and found me.

Bellamy:

"Knock, knock. Time to get up, Clarke." I stepped around the curtain, opening it wide to let light in, noticing Clarke's cot being empty. "Clarke?" A pained groan came from the opposite end of the tent. I looked toward the sound to see Clarke lying on the floor covered in blood and spitting more out every few seconds. I darted to her side, dropping to my knees next to her. "Oh my god! What happened?" She coughed, trying to sit up but falling back after crying out.

"Raven. Happened." Her words were choppy and separated as she gasped for air between spitting mouthfuls of blood onto the floor.

"How long ago did this happen?" She closed her eyes and rested her head on the floor.

"An hour or so ago. I can't breathe very well." She had a hand held to the left side of her body. I lifted her shirt up to find her entire ribcage area already darkly bruised. I guessed that Raven had probably broken a few ribs. "Help me sit up." I put one hand on the small of her back and helped her up by the arm with my other hand. She stifled groans and cries on the way up, but settled when she was sitting up. "That's a lot better. I can get a little air moving now." I smiled, glad she was more comfortable, but I was going to get Raven. . . and Finn for this. They would pay.

"Hang tight, Princess. I'm gonna go get some help so we can get you to the dropship more comfortably." She nodded and I ran out of the tent, returning within two minutes with Jasper and Monty. They each held onto one side of Clarke's upper body, careful to avoid her bruised ribs, and I grabbed her legs. We carried her to the dropship, carefully setting her on the table in a sitting position. It wasn't long before Octavia entered the ship, having heard people talking about us carrying Clarke into the dropship, bloodied and bruised.

"What happened, Bell?" I spoke as I soaked a rag with water, ringing it out and dabbing at her bloody face and cleaning her up. She winced as I cleaned off her nose.

"Raven attacked her." I heard Octavia suck in a breath, angry. She and I were definitely on the same page. She grumbled something under her breath, then snapped back to the situation at hand.

"How can I help?" I couldn't help but smile a little. Baby sis always wanted to help, no matter what.

"Well I need you to go find Clarke another set of clothes. These are trashed for now. Then you can take care of Raven. I'll handle Finn." Clarke sighed when she heard me say this, but I didn't care. They both deserved it. I leaned close to Clarke's face. "I'm so sorry this happened, Princess. This is all my fault. Had I let him go-" Clarke interrupted me as Octavia left the tent.

"No. This isn't your fault. It's Finn's. And Raven's. They need to figure their crap out. Finn lied to me and started all of this." I nodded slowly, still feeling guilty as I looked at the large, blue bruise starting to form over her nose and right cheekbone. Octavia came back with a fresh shirt and pair of jeans for Clarke. I helped her slip of her bloody clothes, and put on the new jeans. I dabbed at her side gently with the rag before helping her into her new shirt. By the time I helped her slowly out of the dropship and back to my tent (she would be staying with me until she was healed so that I could watch out for her), word had gotten out about what had happened, so Clarke and I called a meeting. I asked Clarke over and over if she was sure she was up for it, and she insisted every time that she was. I stepped up onto the stage-like platform we had set up for meetings, setting Clarke down to sit on the side.

"You've all heard what happened. I'm. . . we're here to ask your opinion on what to do about it. Any suggestions?" A random voice from the crowd shouted.

"Hang 'em!" I shook my head and Clarke spoke, but not very loudly, so everyone was all ears.

"We don't decide who lives and dies. We need to do something else." Another voice from the crowd.

"Banish them!" This voice was followed by many others and a lot of cheering. Raven broke through the crowd and ran at Clarke, but members of the angry crowd caught her and held her back, pulling her back. I looked down at Clarke.

"Banish them?" The crowd went wild.

"YEAH!" The crowd's voices merged into one. Clarke nodded and the crowd found Finn and drug him to stand by Raven. I sat down by Clarke to discuss terms of their banishment while the crowd brought them both to stand in the center in front of us. Finn pleaded with his eyes with Clarke, who looked back at him with an expression of complete and utter loathing, shaking her head slowly. Raven fought viciously against Miller, Jasper, and Harper, who held tightly to her. When Clarke and I had agreed on terms, I stood back up to relay them to Finn and Raven.

"You are hereby banished from this camp. You will have three people assigned to you as guards and you will have thirty minutes of supervised time to pack what you can and get out. You will be killed if we ever find you here again. Your time starts now. Thirty minutes, then you're both leaving." The three people holding each of them followed them to their separate tents.

Thirty minutes later, all of the 100 stood at the front gate. "Time's up. You leave now." The gates were opened and grounders immediately flooded the camp, killing members of the 100 as they poured in. I bolted, grabbing Clarke, who cried out in pain, and running to the dropship, screaming orders the whole way. "EVERYONE IN THE DROPSHIP NOW! WE CLOSE THE DOORS IN ONE MINUTE! ANYONE NOT INSIDE WILL BE DEAD!" I carried Clarke inside and grabbed a gun, picking off grounders at the front door. Raven ushered people inside through the floor as I counted down. At the end of the time I stopped Raven and Finn on their way inside. "No. You two are still leaving. Go and we'll close the ship and you'll have ten minutes before we hit the boosters and burn everything out there. . . The clock's ticking. Get going." They turned and left the way they came. I was beyond pissed at them. I hoped they got gutted by grounders on the way out.

I waited impatiently for the ten minutes to be up then hastily hit the button for the boosters. The ship lifted about five feet off the ground then dropped back down as everything outside was burned. Screams could be heard from where we were, but they quickly cut off as the throats they came from were burned down to nothing.