1990 ◦ Present Day ◦ Wayne & I

"My life was shattered in the blink of an eye— literally. One moment, I thought I was with my husband— the next; gone.

I don't understand why I'm here or even writing this. I don't know what to put! I'm not a writer— actually, I never have been.

My name? Jenniferetta Rose Salenetti-Fontana. People just call me Jen-Jen. I don't really understand what has just happened to me.

Currently, I'm residing in Carlsbad, California. The year is 1990. I have no idea what I am going to do with my life, guys. This typewriter won't do the trick. Maybe it will today— tomorrow; but not forever. I want a real forever. My life has been brought into a million peices.

Let me start with one thing— my husband. He passed away six months ago. I am currently eight months pregnant with our son, Wayne Fontana. My father was brutally murdered infant of me last week. I decided to book it to California. I had no hope. I wasn't sure what to do with my life. So now— I'm here. I'm a lost creature, with nowhere to run.

Jennifer Rose, signing off."

I looked up to see nobody else in the coffee shop. I was alone— other than this barista. There was nobody else there, and we were alone. I packed my pen and paper and raced off into my car.

This was my life. A pregnant girl trapped inside a vehicle on her own into the world. I had nothing else left. This was us, Wayne and I.