Chapter III: The Mystical Deer

As I was following him deeper into the forest, he suddenly stopped and a draugr came out of some bushes near Atreus. "Aah!" He yelled, "My bow!" He asked for his bow back so he could fight the draugr. "No! You are not ready—— stay back!" I bring out my axe and threw it at the direction of the draugr. My axe sliced through it, leaving it on the ground, lifeless, for good this time.

Eventually, more draugr came out from hiding and attacked me. "Watch your right!" Atreus warned me. As I battle with the draugr, Atreus was staying back warning me of the draugr that was going to attack me from behind.

They were no draugr left, except for one. I strike my axe on its ribcage and it seems it has been weakened. I was preparing to do the finishing blow but it blocked it and almost hit me. Luckily, I parried it with my shield and punched it, grabbed its legs and stomped on its head. Leaving a fiery pool on the ground before me.

"Draugr?" Atreus asked, "They've never come this close to our woods before."

"Keep moving." I replied.

We got inside a temple structure and a chest caught my eye, I immediately went to it. "Uh... deer's this way." I pay no attention to Atreus's words and continued looting the chest, "—or we could follow you." Atreus said.

After much sidetracking, we got to a waterfall and another chest caught my eye. This one, however, is out of my reach. Atreus followed me to the waterfall, "Woah, this is awesome." He said in amazement. "Mind the edge, boy." I warned him.

I noticed another path as we were going to the waterfall. After the waterfall we went to the other path and saw the chain I noticed earlier. We went down the chain and to my amazement I saw the chest I was unable to get along with a bunch of wolves. I went forward to the chest but one of the wolves attacked me causing me to attack in return. My axe was stuck on one of the wolves so I had to use my fists to beat the other one. I grabbed its tail and threw it into a wall; My axe was finally free from the other wolf and I threw it towards the one I threw into a wall, finishing it off.

I opened the chest thinking it was just a normal chest but I found bones of a person inside. "W-What?" Atreus stammered. "He can no longer use it, We can" I replied whilst obtaining hacksilver from the corpse.

We found our way back up the chain. "They were just hungry." Atreus said, dissapointed. "What?" "The wolves. They weren't mean, they were starving."

"Yes. I imagine they were." I replied.

We got back to the temple structure and went took to the main path. "Up there! He went into the old temple— but Mom told me to never go in there." Atreus pointed out.

"We do what we please, boy. No excuses." I replied.

We went closer to the old temple and I opened the giant doors with ease. "Look!" Atreus noticed and pointed out the deer, "Can I have my bow back now?" He eagerly asked as we hid behind a fallen tree trunk. "Can you shoot it from here?" I questioned him. He shakes his head and says, "We should get closer." and runs into a corridor leading to an outside garden as I follow from behind.

"I went hunting with mother a bunch of times, you never wanted to take me. Why now?" He curiously asked. "It was her wish. And... It was time." We got to the garden and heard ominous grunts. "Draugr!" Atreus yelled, catching their attention. I use a trick I learned that tracks my enemies and slices through them, however, I haven't used it in a long time. It surprisingly worked and destroyed all of them.

There was another giant door and I open them just to be attacked by more draugr and wolves. I defeated the wolves and after that, decimated the draugr. "Whew, I half-expected there would be a troll under that bridge." Atreus said, relieved.
"You are not ready for trolls, boy."

"I know, I just— Yes, father." Atreus jokingly then seriously replied.

"Woah, look at this." Atreus pointed out the faraway mountains while I watch with him.

"Atreus, follow me." "Be right there!" He replied as we went back to the garden and I pull down the chain that raised up one of two gates that were blocking our way. I throw my axe at the gate lock, subsequently freezing it, allowing us to get through. "You froze it in place!" Atreus said in amazement. The second gate wasn't opening but when I recalled my axe the first gate close and the second one opened. "Nice!" Atreus complimented.

We're getting closer to the deer. But I feel something bad is going to happen.