Chapter 9

While we ate Jake and I discussed that I would continue the conversation with Steve. But I will take it slow, try not to show my desperation to him and get to know him well and then take any step forward.
When we were done with this topic, I decided to ask him about the previous night.
"Jake, will you tell me one thing?"
"Yeah."
"I know there was something you were about to say last night and you didn't. I want to know what is it. Cuz I sensed it on your face."
His expression changed once again, this time it was fearful. He took a sip of coffee and began to speak.
"Well, there was something I wad about to say and I did drop the idea. But there is a reason behind it. Look I cant tell you what it was, of course, other wise I would have said it yesterday."
"Be specific Jake."
"Ritz, all I can say is that, whatever I was about to tell you is something I shouldn't, a-and not because it is something wrong or serious but cuz doing so will make me selfish and I dont want that. I didn't realize this at that moment. But when I left and went back home, I thought about it. And one of my favourite quotes helped me to move through it. So dont worry its nothing, just nothing, thats all."
"You sure?"
He took a deep breath. "Yeah."
"Ok. Then may I know what is that  motivational quote?" I smiled.
"Well, some intelligent person once said, 'What life shows us is not what it always contains for us. Sometimes we see something, but end up with something else.'" He started laughing.
"And may I know who is that intelligent person?"
"Jake Martin, the Great." He sighed.
"My foot." And both of us started laughing hard.
"I think we should leave now." I said. And we got up.
"So where to Madam?"
"Well, its Sunday so I was planning to go to the Gurdwara."
"Gurudwara, as in the place where those turban headed people worship?"
"Yeah, the place where Sikhs worship. Would you like to join me."
"No thanks, I have to complete some important work. So, I'll see you soon then."
"Yeah."
"Keep me updated about the texts."
"Sure"
"Bye."
"Bye."
I went to the Southall Gurdwara, Gurudwara Shri Guru Singh Sabha. And then came back home. I checked my dms. Nothing. I waited till the evening. Still nothing.
He must be busy.
I kept patience until I went to bed. I checked my Instagram continuously but there was still no reply. I still had a hope that he would reply me, and I went asleep with my phone in my hand.