Chapter 5

While we were busy discussing whether I should go an meet Steve or not, all the 5 men walked in and were moving to the counter on our side. Steve was in the front, as he was moving forward my heart was racing I grabbed Jake's arm as he was standing right beside me. I could here all of them,
"Go! Ritz what are you waiting for?"
"This is the only chance Ritz, go"
They were loud enough and I am sure Steve heard them because as he walked past he gazed at me and gave a strange look and then whispered something to a guy beside him. I think the guy was present with him on the street the other day.
Oh shit, did he recognise me?
God! No please no.
Should I go to him?
"Is he looking at you Ritz?" Jess asked me putting her hand on my shoulder.
"I think he recognised me." I replied in regrets.
"How can you be so sure? Atleast go to him once." Anne said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Go Ritz." Jake said.
I took a deep breath and proceeded towards him.
Ok. Keep Calm. Don't mess it up this time.
I decided to follow Alex's directions.
Go. Greet him. Take a picture. Say I love you. And walk away. Done.
As I moved forward my legs felt weak. I stopped twice turning back to my mates hoping they would ask me to come back. But everytime I looked at them they told me to hurry up rather than stopping me.
I finally took a deep breath and moved. That small distance of a few steps felt like miles away. I finally reached him my heart was about to jump out. I stood there behind him wondering how do I call him.
Steve? No...it would be quite informal. Mr. Austin? Oh C'mon you are not his secretary.
Ok. A a sweet, simple- Excuse me.
But before I could say anything, he turned towards me.
"Yeah?" He said. Then he gave me a strange reaction.
"Oh, the phone girl right?"
My heart skipped a beat. He remembered me.
"Umm..Yeah." I managed to say. Burying my head in regret.
"But how do you remember me?"
"Well, not every girl shouts 'Fuck' in the middle of the road, and also not everyone uses their phone while walking and then collide with someone and blame the other person." He chuckled.
"Umm..I am extremly sorry for the other day." I said. "By the way can I take a picture with you?"
"Yeah. Sure."
I took my phone clicked a few pictures with him when someone called him from behind.
"Hey, Steve. C'mon man everyone is waiting for you." It was Edward.
"Yeah. Just a minute." He turned to me, "I'm sorry I gotta going now."
"Sure. Thank you so much."
He was about to leave when, "Hey, Miss. Phone, your good name please?"
"Ritika Malhotra."
"Woah, hard one huh."
"Everybody says that." I chuckled. And he went off.
I ran back to my mates, I was jumping, I was just so happy.
"I think even we should leave now." Anne said.
"Yeah. Its getting quite late." Jess replied.
We moved out of the pub and everybody started going to their cars. Though I came with Jess in her car, I refused to go with her. I wanted to walk back home. I always love to have long walks on these quiet roads.
"OK guys. I'll see you later then."
"Bye Ritz. Goodnight." Jess said.
I turned and started to walk. My home was not far away from the club. A distance of 5 minutes or so on foot.
"Hey Ritz." Jake called running towards me.
"Yeah"
"Would you mind a company for a long walk?" He grinned.
"Sure. Why not?" I chuckled.