14: How to Break a Bond

*****PLEASE READ*****

Ok, so, first of all, thank you for reading up to this point! You don't know how much your support means to me! <3 Seriously. I love you guys.

Since I love you, and I am an indulgent author ;) I have decided on something. A few chapters ago there was a little "scene" between Gajeel and Levy which I so kindly did the classic "fade to black" with. Well, I got hell for shying away from a perfectly wonderful, smutty, opportunity. XD

SO, HERE'S WHAT I'M GOING TO DO. I know that some people don't like that stuff, and don't want to read it. I also know that some people were mad that I cut it out. XD So, to appease everyone, I'm going to start doing something special with the chapters containing "those" scenes. I'll post the chapter twice. One will be the normal, PG-13 version that "fades to black", and the other one (with **MA** written after the chapter title) will hold nothing back, and be full of smutty goodness. I'll also write *****MA CHAPTER***** at the beginning of those chapters so that someone who misses it in the chapter title doesn't accidentally read it. XD I'd hate to ruin someone's childhood... ANYWAYS, that's what I'll do. ^_^

There. I hope you're all happy. I do these things because I love you. ;P

Now, I'll shut up so you can get back to the story. You've probably been anxious since you read that chapter title, and I've just been delaying you. ;) 

~Gajeel~

It had been three days since Jet and Dory were attacked. They were still in a comatose-like state, and no one knew if they would ever wake up. For Levy's sake, everyone had agreed to give them at least a month before losing hope.

I sighed, thinking about the Shrimp. I had barely seen her since she ran off after seeing Jet and Droy. She came to the infirmary every morning and sat with her teammates for about an hour before disappearing to the library again. I wonder if she's eating. She looked tired this morning when she got to headquarters. I had been worrying about her non-stop since she had told me to leave her alone.

“Has Levy gone to the library again?” Lily asked, sitting beside me.

I nodded, never lifting my head from where I had it laying on the table.

“I think you should go see her,” he told me.

To that, I lifted my head and frowned a him. “Why should I go?”

“You're bonded to her, so you can understand better than anyone what she's feeling. For the last three days she has been burying herself in books to distract her mind from reality. Because the one who attacked Jet and Droy was Astaroth, I'm sure she's blaming herself for what happened to them. Although she won't admit it, she needs someone right now.”

“What makes you think that someone is me?”

“She came to you the last time she was upset, didn't she?” Lily sighed.

“Last time?” I asked.

“After she found out the truth about her parents. I smelled that she had been there when I woke up that morning, but I never said anything because it wasn't any of my business what you two do. I'm not saying that would be the best way to comfort her right now, but your presence would help her.”

“What?” The longer he spoke, the more confused I became.

He frowned at me, obviously confused that I had no idea what he was talking about. “You don't remember that?”

“Stop beatin' around the bush,” I snapped, “just tell me what the hell you're talkin' about.”

“The night Levy found out Makarov had been hiding the truth about her parents,” Lily sighed, “she came to you for comfort.” He paused, giving me a knowing smirk, “you definitely comforted her.”