72: two days until paris.

Start from the beginning

"So this thingy," referring to the foundation stained pink beauty blender in his hand. "Is to dab that, weird smelling liquidy thing on your face? And what's the point of it, can't you just use one of your paintbrushes." 

I laughed, paintbrushes, that's cute. "The point of the blender, is so that you don't end up having streaky looking foundation. That's not a pretty sight."

"You could have streaky foundation and I'd still think you're the hottest girl I've ever seen," he grinned, bouncing the beauty blender on the floor and reaching out to grab it when it rolled away from us.

"Well thank you, Handsome."

He picked up my eyeshadow palette, popping the black lid open and staring in awe at all the colours. He managed to swipe all ten of his fingers on ten different shades and drag them over his arms, holding his arms out and showing me his 'swatches'. There was a shimmery shade amongst the ten swatches he made along his arms, and for some reason which I will not understand, Harry dragged his palm along the swatches and his forearm was then covered in a mixture of colours.

"Dammit," he huffed, getting on his knees and leaning over me to my other side where I had a packet of baby wipes for any mistake I may make whilst doing my make up.

"Why did you think smudging it would make it disappear?" I laughed, allowing him to take the wipes before I finished the last of my make up which was my mascara.

"I don't know," he frowned, swiping the cold wet wipe over his arm, wiping away the sparkles and the dark shadows from his skin. "I kind of figured it was like dust, so it would just go away," he shrugged. He seemed to realise how stupid it sounded as he burst into a fit of boyish giggles.

Harry helped me up off the ground, before he reached down to shove all my make up carefully back into my make up bag. Putting it back into the duffle bag as I fixed my hair, tossing it around until I was satisfied with the way it sat. "I'm going downstairs, you coming?" I asked, he simply shook his head and I left Harry in the bedroom as he sat down to go through his emails on his phone, and I went down the stairs. Jack, Gemma and Anne were all talking around the kitchen table wearing big smiles.

"Good morning," Anne smiled to me as I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and sat down beside her. An empty seat remained for Harry, but I doubt he'll come down. He's far too stubborn. "Is Harry coming down?"

"I'm not sure. But about lunch –"

"It's okay to cancel! I assumed you would anyway –"

"We're not cancelling," I stated, resting my hand over Anne's that was placed on the table. "I just wanted to ask if we could have gone out to a restaurant instead?"

"Oh yeah, that's fine. Matt knows a really nice place to go for lunch, he and I have gone a few times," Anne smiled kindly, standing up and heading over to the kitchen counter across the room where her phone was sat. She typed away, the sound of the taping from her iPhone was almost annoying, but the smile on her face made the sound bearable to endure. "I'm going to go up and talk to Harry."

____

Jack sat to my right, Harry to my left, Anne in front of me, Gemma to the left of Anne and an empty seat on the right of Anne. There was a chair at the head of the table, beside where Harry was sat. Matthew and his son Justin were yet to arrive, in fact they were only five minutes away. I could sense Harry's nerves as his hand was growing clammy as it held tightly onto mine under the table, his hand basically suffocated both of mine whilst his fingers pushed the ring on my finger to distract himself.

Anne was also nervous, but not for the same reasons as Harry and clearly Gemma felt, but for her son's reaction. Jack and I casually sat without a second thought, I mean it would be a little weird seeing somebody else cuddle into Anne instead of Robin. But as I said to Harry, she needs to move on.