18: trashed.

[HARRY'S POV]

It was currently eight PM and we'd just finished dinner but still all remained around the dinner table. It was so nice to spend time with my family, but having Luna present made it that bit more exciting. I haven't really had this kind of joy for so many years, since Kate. Having the girl I have very strong feelings for and my family around me, talking and laughing together is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Well one of many I guess. I had such a nice time with Luna this morning at the bridge, holding her close to me and kissing her, just holding her hand and going for a stroll in the snow.

"So how did you two meet?" Mum asked, smiling at Luna and I. We sat together, Jack and Gemma on the other side opposite us, Robin at one end and Mum on the other end.

"She was rude as hell," I smirked earning a scoff of disapproval from Luna. "She sat at my table whilst I was working just because she felt bad for me."

Gemma laughed at the mini story. "How romantic," she mocked.

"You can talk! You and Jack bumped trolleys in the shop and exchanged numbers, where's the romance there?" I shot back. She flipped me off which only got mum snapping about how rude it was of her, mum doesn't really care about swearing it's just she prefers some sort of manners. "Anyway, I took her home that night from the cafe and gave her my number and we just kept talking after that."

"He was very nervous may I add," Luna butted in with the unnecessary truth. I rolled my eyes and pushed my hand against her face as she laughed. "It was cute," she cooed, her warm fingers squishing my flustered cheeks.

"How old are you Luna?" Gemma asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Eighteen," Luna replied sweetly, I can't get enough of hearing her voice it's so soft if a voice could be described like that. It's like with each breath or word that leaves her mouth I'm completely distracted by it, pulling my complete focus away and onto her. She reminds me of the brightest star in the sky, out of all the things that could catch your eye she's the one that does just that and you fail to remove your full attention from her.

"No way!" Gemma frowned, I saw my mum from the corner of my eye focused on counting the age gap between Luna and I, it's not much I don't know why they're acting so shocked. "I thought twenty, apparently I was way off."

"So young," Mum frowned slightly before smiling wickedly, I can already tell what she's going to say. It's almost like she enjoys embarrassing her only son. "Well are you both being safe," dropping a subtle wink in Luna's direction causing her to choke on the cola she was sipping away on.

"Oh... We're not doing t-that just now... Ever... I mean – right now," her eyes pleading for me to pull her out of this predicament she swiftly dropped herself into.

"What she means is," my arm resting on the back of Luna's chair. "We're taking it slow."

"Good I —" almost like it was destined to occur, Luna's phone began to ring, interrupting my mum's next words, to which she confusedly excused herself to stand in the corner of the room. The table fell silence out of politeness and I watched her small smile fall into a sad frown. My family noticing it too.

"What... I-I don't understand? Is anything broken?" Broken? What the hell happened? I stood up and walked closer to her, she rested her shaky hand on my bicep as her pretty brown eyes glossed over. I tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear as she released a broken sob at whatever the man on the other end of the phone said. "It's okay... Thank you so much, how much will that cost?... Free?... Are you sure?... Okay thank you so much, I'll be back next week so I'll see you then."