Lola

Chapter 2 - The New Client

I hate escape routes, all it is, is 'do this Lola, what are you? too tired from doing nothing?' From Hardison. Hardison, the knife of the six Ravens, nearly the most brutal if you don't count me. You see my job might only contain flirting endlessly with normal incredibly sexy men and having to kiss them. That's another story; I only have the space of five minutes to kiss them, tongue and all, before the poison disappears from my always rosy red lips. You see, Hardison thinks just because she knows how to stab someone properly doesn't mean any old idiot couldn't do that, whereas flirting is a trained profession.

I suppose the only good thing about escape routes is the fact that I get to see Elliot when I get back, my gorgeous superman of a boyfriend. He knows quite a lot, nearly as much as the rest of the Ravens but they don't know that. The downside with him knowing about my lipsticks is that I can't ever use it on him. Though occasionally, I do sneak a bit of the hormonal one just to ensure us a good night in bed.

Murder hangovers are the worst, you have the hype of last night still in your head, but you only slept for about 3 hours, and your fucking manger still expects you to report in. Though I'm never late, working with assassins makes you appreciate:

One, if you are late with a bad enough reason, there's a high possible risk of not seeing tomorrow. And two, guys will tell you anything if you're kissing so hard that it's painful to move your jaw afterwards.

Anyway, I arrived at the run down looking office block which from the outside is a hell lot different from the inside. As I type in the twenty numbered code, I felt as if I had been followed. As always I was right, except this time it was a young man, maximum age of 17, my age, this could go nicely. As I turned, the tall young tanned incredibly gorgeously built man whispered, "A person can live, but who said they will."

"Shit," I cursed. A client, why do all the good ones have to be. Why does there have to be a rule about no sleeping with clients? Like seriously! The only client my age and I'm not allowed to. Wait, I forgot the others are jealous because they haven't lost something yet, I doubt they ever will.

"Excuse me, are you the person I need to talk to?"

I moved closer, just close enough to rest my body against his side and to brush my lips against his while softly whispering, "Now, what does a young boy with a British accent want with a group of female assassins."

"The assassination of..."

"Shut up! Erghh, I hate newbies sometimes, anyone would think you want to get caught!?"

"No, I just want to be lead inside."

After that, I gently brushed my hand over his smooth expensive suit jacket just low enough to touch his perfectly shaped butt. The British boy looked at me, smiled and lent in, I continued to walk. I don't want to be shot on the first good case. Once the murder is finished, I mean job; murder is for thugs, I can seduce him and get what I want for a night or two.

"Good morning, Hardison. Sleep well, or did doing nothing keep you awake?"

"You talking to me, Lola because the last time I checked you were just the hired prostitute to get in with the assassination subject," Hardison sneered, just trying to piss me off as always because deep down inside she knew I would always be higher than her.

"Will you stop bitching about each other constantly," Alpha snaps, not a morning person obviously. "I don't know when Clark Williams comes, young client this time something new."

"I've got him, newbie your wanted," I smiled softly looking into his hazel brown eyes, thinking to myself of all the ways I could seduce him. Clark stepped forward holding out a hand to Alpha, if you know Alpha you know that she trusts no one so don't offer to shake her hand, one less hand to defend yourself with. As always Alpha looked him into the eyes and bluntly replied to my comment, "And this is? A new boyfriend or just a random guy off the street? What have I told you, Lola, your men are for outside of work! What is he, a student, can't be older than us or even younger?"

Never ever interrupt Alpha when she's on a rant, let alone when it's about a guy!

"Excuse me, but I'm Clark Williams, the client you're expecting."

"Oh."

"Well, I'm new to this, tell me what I need to tell you to get this job done," his British accent was mouth-wateringly beautiful, I just stood there gaping like a fool trying not to throw myself onto him.

"Name and age."

"Clark Williams, age seventeen."

"Occupation."

"Is that really relevant at the moment."

"Is knowing how reliable the source of payment important?"

"Urgh, student."

"You can go if you can't pay us, what do you think we are? A charity!?" Here comes another rant, except this time I interrupted, "Alpha, let this be my client, I want to be the boss of at least one assassination and you did say-" Alpha rolled her eyes but agreed, ordering everyone to leave the room, leaving just Clark and myself.

"So, I need a reason to do this job, not just any old reason."

With his beautiful flawless voice, he simply replied, "Cause I'm so sexy, you won't say no," and with a small smirk, he continued, "I have every reason why Sir Frederick Williams should be killed."

His father, in all the years never had i heard of anyone who wanted to kill someone in their family; the reasons were they could not ever bring themselves to be the reason for their death. Clark's reasons were that his father had killed many innocent men and women in the past for one goal, peace. Though not the peace as in no one fighting. Clark had suffered himself, his father had brutally murdered his mother in front of his eyes. Sir Frederick Williams is an ex-army commander; rewarded the highest medals any British soldier could get. There's a dark side to him, killing innocent people to find the perfect son or daughter. Clark was one of 14, five girls and nine boys; he was the middle child but now one of the youngest. Fredric has a rule in the family that at the age of 14, a test was to be taken, only five survived.

"I'll take the job. But I need to know something."

"Anything, I just want my siblings to be happy to know he's dead but in hell instead of heaven with them."

"Do any of your siblings agree with your Father's method for a pure family?"

"Most of them, I don't know how I survived, but I did."

"Do I hear the call of five assassinations needed to save the next generation of Williams?"

"Ergh I don't know, wait until I have the right amount of money, just him now," Clark's voice shook, first hired assassination can be nerve-racking, You should know I didn't really know how to kill a man before I was fourteen.

"It will be done by June, give us three months."

Then Clark Williams left as weirdly as he came, except this time he kissed me goodbye without me realising, brushing his lips against my ear whispering, "Meet me at Ronald Billington's party, Friday night 8 o'clock, sharp."

Ronald Bilington, why does that ring a bell. Wait. No. Yes.