I L O V E Y O U

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Or you could stay. Stay with me."

At the sound of those words, Betty felt shivers down her spine. She didn't really know what to do.

Jughead slowly put his hand on her dress. She took a deep breath and looked down at his hand. His eyes went from his hand to Betty's eyes and for some seconds they both stayed silence.

A tear was forming in Jug's eye. The blonde ponytailed girl in two seconds found herself on her boy's lap.
She cupped his cheeks and wiped away the tear, placing a sweet yet passionate kiss on his lips.

He kissed back, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her closer.
Their kiss was getting more heated, when Betty suddenly pulled away.

"Wait, wait." She blurted out, Jughead looked worried, surprised, sad, all at the same time.

He didn't say a word, but his eyes were talking for him.
"The Serpents don't approve." She started, still sat on his lap, not moving her hands from Jug's neck.

"And I don't give a damn about them." She continued, a proud slight smile broke out on the beanie boy.

"But they said they'll hurt us. I won't let that happen. There is only one way. I know it is a big risk, but I'm willing to take it if it allows us to be together." Jughead didn't understand.

That idea wasn't even an option for Jughead. "I must become a Serpent." She managed to say. His face went pale. His eyes wide. His breath nervous.

"No way." He shook his head firmly.
"I would do anything to stay next to you. And I will." Betty had already chosen. He wasn't gonna make her change her mind.

"Betty you don't understand. The Serpents are dangerous. I would do anything to be with you as well, but if that involves you being hurt, I'm sorry but I can't."

"Are you really giving up on us?" She sobbed, now tears running down her face. She slowly started to get off of Jughead's lap.

He wrapped his arms around her tighter, not letting her go.
"I. Will. Never." He really slowly said.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking down to hide her tears.
"I love you." He lifted up her chin to stare in her green dazzling eyes.

"What? I don't und-" He cut her off by kissing her roughly on the lips.
"We are gonna find a way, I solemnly promise." He said in between the kiss.

"How?" She quietly asked.
"We'll see. Just know that I love you with all my heart. And what I wrote in that page of diary is still true." Betty's heart skipped at the memory of that letter.

"I still have it. I used to read it almost everyday when you were away." She smiled and blushed. "I love you, Jughead Jones." She then continued, him staring and smiling, with some tears of happiness in his eyes.

"I still have your letter too. And I used to do the exact same thing." He whispered and kissed her nose.

She wiped away her tears and then his, their night was just getting started....

~~~~~
HEYYY,
Ahahah sorry this is like the shortest chapter I have sver made, but I wanted to put only this Bughead scene in this chapter, to make this... more special (?).

♡♡♡♡

I ALSO JUST FIGURED OUT THAT THIS IS THE 40TH PART!!🎉🎉

"SHUT UP, IMPOSTOR!"