Chapter 27

"Dada" Gioia said as I held her in my arms

"Daddy not here" I rocked her back and fourth trying to hold back my tears so she wouldn't see her mama cry, now is not the time to let my baby see my weakness. the hospital doors opened and I admittedly heard Simone and Rachel. the saw me and came running to me 

"the fuck happened is eve.." she drifted off when she seen two of us missing, Simone held her hands to her mouth and Rachel rubbed down her face in frustration. 

I put my head down on Gioia chest and cried silently.... While driving home we were laughing and singing aloud with the kids, coming back from an Amusement Park, after a great day out. King made a quick stop and drove off going home after 10 minutes. he whispered to me that we were being followed 2 hours later and when the kids were sleeping in the backseat. I was scared, I'm admitting that, i sat back quietly in my seat. king started reaching under his seat and i stopped him 

"King what the fuck do you think your doing?" he looked at me, "the kids are back there, tonight is not the night, you will not put the family in danger" he gave me a crazed look, a look that said he needed to do this in order to keep us out of danger. i seen him put the silencer on the gun and I cried silently in the front seat. I felt a cold steel shaped gun touch my lap. 

"you promised you were gonna hold me down, that you were my rider, don't let me down now, prove this shit once more baby I promise, you got this" he kissed me and I looked at my babies, laying them down and covering up their bodies. I looked up and prayed to god. 

King was rolling down my window as I prayed. I turned around and out the window and started busting caps like I've never did before, and got the first head shot. i got back in and clocked my gun back "your turn baby" he smiled at me and whipped around in a 360 circle and we both started busting. I promised my man a rider and that's just what I'm going to give him. he started driving again and we clocked our guns as their shots ran through our car. 

"Isis ! grab the wheel !" I grabbed the wheel and he sat on the window and started shooting that's when I heard him yelp out in pain. he came back in and i seen he was shot in his side and arm. I grabbed his and my gun and started shooting I got the driver and the two back men. their car swerved and King drove the hospital. I checked on the kids and seen that a bullet hit my son, I screamed out in fear. King looked back and sped up to the hospital ......

"Johnson's ?" I stood up with a mind full of doubt and wonder , is my baby okay? is my man okay ? do i have to put somebody under 6 feet before my eyes. should I cry now or later ? i need answers

"your husband has made it through, we've got the bullets out. he was sot more than twice, but he must stay in the hospital a few days your welcome to visit him anytime, he's awake." I smiled and nodded, he tried to walk away but i grabbed him. 

"doctor my son ?" i searched his eye for answers. 

" I hate to deliver bad news, I'm sorry Mrs. Johnson but it was to late the bullet stuck your son right through his chest, and hit his heart we were not able to save him" he touched my shoulder and walked away. i broke down in the middle of the hall way. 

My baby boy is gone, my only boy. i didn't know what to feel anymore. I felt my entire heart shatter and my soul leave my body. I lost my child, he just turned 1. how am i to function with gioia now ? her brother is gone. my baby. my boy. what have I done to deserve something so horrible to happen to me ? whatever I've done god I apologize, just bring my baby boy back. I want my boy back, Just wanna see his face, hear his voice, his laughter, see his bluish eyes once more. i just want his touch. his small in hand in mine. my boy is really gone. I sobbed in royals arms. 

Royal carried me to king's room at first he sounded so cheerful until he seen me curled up into royals arms I heard the fear, the nervousness in his voice. I felt myself being laid on a soft bed and big strong arms wrap around me i curled in kings chest and just cried. 

"Isis baby whats wrong ?" he kissed my head "baby talk to me" when he realized I wasn't talking his deep voice ranged. "wheres my boy ?" I sobbed harder, so hard my breath was not calmed, I was uncontrollably crying, I got no breaths in. 

"man ......" royal stated off, I heard the cracking in his voice and a few sobs in the room along with some sniffles. "lil man gone..... he ain't make it man" that's when royal broke down. I felt kings chest heave up and down . 

"what you mean he ain't make it ? you telling me these niggas took my son away from me ?! these motherfuckers took my BLOOD royal ? is that what you saying dawg ?!" i felt his grip around me tighten letting me know from now on shit is gonna be safe and he ain't letting another one of his family members go 6 feet under. i know he didn't want me to know but I felt his tears drop on my head. i looked at him and he kissed me softly. 

"yo i love you aight ? get some rest baby girl, from now on I'm holding shit down, I don't want you in this shit no more. understood ? " I nodded and rubbed his face as I sobbed some more, I wiped his tears and fell silently to sleep ....

"mommy..." i opened my eyes. 

"mommy..." I walked further into the white room. I heard my son's voice call out my name, I wanted so desperately to see him. 

"mommy over here ! look mommy. find me " I ran and ended up in his room . I didn't see him anywhere my heart started pumping and i was getting terrified I ran all over my house searching for my son 

"mommy please ! help me !" I ran to the bathroom and found him under the tub water dead ....