Chapter Eleven // Figured It Out

- Time Skip To 1 Year Later -

The fifteen year old boy walks down the hallway in school, his fingers intertwined with his boyfriend's. Johnny has a large grin on his face, walking the younger boy to his class.

"Here you are Pony," Johnny says softly, letting go of his hand.

"Thanks Johnnycake," Ponyboy replies. "I'll see you again at lunch. I love you."

The younger boy leans up and pecks Johnny's lips. Johnny hugs Ponyboy and presses his lips back before pulling away.

"I love you too baby," Johnny says happily. "Now get to class before you happen to be late."

Ponyboy pouts and pulls away from Johnny, walking into his classroom. He sits in his spot and takes out a pencil.

"Okay class, today is just going to be a simple day," the teacher says. "It's a review sheet for the math test tomorrow."

Ponyboy sighs as the teacher places the paper on his desk. He puts his name on the top and begins working.

About half way through the paper, the phone rings loudly. The teacher picks it up and nods her head as she listens.

"Okay, bye," she murmurs, turning her head to lock eyes with Ponyboy. "You are needed in the office Mr. Curtis. Bring your things "

Ponyboy picks up his things slowly and walks out of the classroom and down to the office. There stood an almost confused looking Darry and Soda, both having arms crossed.

"We have to wait for Johnny, we need to talk to him as well," Soda says.

Ever since Johnny got kicked out of his house, he stays with us. His father no longer cared for him.

After a few minutes, Johnny walks into the room and frowns. He knows something is up.

"C'mon boys, we'll talk at the house," Darry says. "You aren't in trouble or anything. I promise. Just a few questions."

The boys nod and head out to Darry's truck, opening the door and getting into the back seat. Soda sits in the passenger seat while Darry drives.

The car is silent the whole way home, only the sound wind makes itself known. Johnny was scared as well as his boyfriend.

Darry pulls into the driveway after a bit and turns the car off, opening the door. Everyone piles out and walks into the house.

"Okay boys," Darry says slowly, grabbing something from the coffee table. "I need you to explain this."

Darry shows them the notebook from last year, the one with the wedding plans. Both boys swallow thickly.

"J-Johnny and I are e-engaged," Ponyboy murmurs, slightly scared. "L-last year.."

"Ponyboy, your only fifteen years old, Johnny's seventeen," Darry says. "You're young."

"I-i love him," Johnny says. "I-i love your little brother."

"Maybe so Johnny but he's still young and what if later you guys don't wanna get married," Soda asks. "What if that happens?"

"I-it won't happen," Ponyboy says. "I-i'll always love him."

Darry sighs and sifts a hand through his own hair in slight frustration. Ponyboy looks at his feet.

"Fine... Just don't go around saying anything to anyone," Darry says. "I'm gonna pretend this never happened until you both are older.

The two boys nod simultaneously. Johnny grabs Ponyboy's hand gently.

"Let's go up to your room and get some school work out of the way..."

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

Sorry it literally took forever. I'm gonna try and update a little more now. (Try is the key word)