Chapter Ten // Early Wedding Plans

It's been a few days since Johnny's dad hit me and threw me out of church but in all honesty, I'm completely okay with it. Johnny stays with me in my room since I don't want Johnny going back there.

He's all smiles around me and it's amazing to see him so happy. To know I make him like that, makes me feel special in a way.

He deserves happiness and I'll be the one to give it to him, no matter how down he is. No matter what's happening, I'll help him get back up from it.

He's my world and I would do just about anything for him. Of course murder is out of the question but yeah, almost anything.

Johnny tried going back home the day his dad hit me but he got told to come to me since a faggot wasn't allowed in the house. It made Johnny cry a lot but I helped him out.

Darry and Soda are pretty cool with Johnny staying here, considering the circumstances of what's happening. I kiss on Johnny all the time and they just smile and shake their heads playfully.

I love my brothers, they are so understanding and supportive, it's great. That means a lot to me. (They just don't know I'm engaged).

I stare out my bedroom window, smiling to myself about everything. Hands go around my waist from behind and I smile a little more.

"Hello my fiance," Johnny murmurs by my ear and kisses my cheek.

It feels nice to hear him say that to me. And I didn't need no fancy ring to know he loves me and I don't need one to know I'm his.

"Hey Johnny," I say back softly. "How are you?"

"Real good," Johnny says. "Just wanted to talk to you and kiss on you."

"I like that Idea," I say turning in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"I know it's real early but I wanted to talk about marrying you," Johnny says. "I wanna know what you want so it's special for you."

"It's not my decision alone silly, I need you too," I say giggling. "I'll get a notebook out and we can write stuff down."

"Perfect," Johnny says kissing my lips quickly. "I'll grab it."

Johnny lets go of me and goes and grabs my notebook from my desk. He sits on the bed and flips to an open page.

I grab a pen from my bedside table and sit next to him, taking the notebook carefully. He leans his head on my shoulder.

"So baby," I say. "What do you want? What kind of things do you wanna see?"

I write 'Wedding Plans' on top of the paper and smile to myself. Johnny hums in thought and kisses my cheek.

"I want flowers," Johnny murmurs. "Nice, pretty ones."

"What kind of flowers are you thinking of," I ask.

"Lilies. I want lilies."

"I like those," I say smiling. "Anything else?"

"Well... I like lilac flowers. They would go with lilies and they smell amazing."

I kiss his cheek and smile. He looks at me.

"Then my fiance gets lilacs and lilies," I say. "I like that."

I write the flowers on the list and hum for a second. Tapping the pen, I think a little more.

"What about the after party thing? Where do you want that to be? We can't have it in the church," I say. "Depending on what time of year it is, we could have it outside."

"I don't want nothing too fancy," Johnny says. "It's probably just gonna be your brothers, a few friends, and us. It ain't gotta be great."

"I want it to mean something to you Johnny," I say. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"Remember that lake I took you to," He asks. "I want it the after thing there. We could swim."

"Sounds nice. I'm assuming you want the wedding in the summer?"

"Uh huh. Is that okay," Johnny asks.

"Perfect. It'll be warm," I say. "I'll have Darry help out a little when we tell him soon."

Johnny smiles and nods. I kiss his cheek again.

"What about the date," I ask. "Of when we have it? I might have something."

"What is it?"

"June... June 13th," I say.

"Why June 13th," Johnny asks curiously.

"It just seems like a good number."

"Well it's perfect."

I write the date down and smile, taking a look at what we had so far.

Wedding Plans

Lilacs and lilies
After party thing at the lake
Close friends and family
June 13th ❤

That's gonna be the best day of my life...

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

Longest chapter I've written in awhile! Yay me!