Chapter Seven // Don't Tell Anyone

I wake up slowly and see a sleeping Johnny pressed into my side. Smiling softly, I kiss his head and run my hand through his hair gently.

"Such a cutie," I mutter softly.

The door opens at that moment and I freeze, closing my eyes quickly to pretend I was sleeping. Someone, I'm assuming Soda, walks up to the bed and ruffles my hair.

"Ponyboy... I'm not that much of a fool," Soda says quietly. "I saw you close your eyes. Besides, you are really tense so I know you ain't sleeping."

I sigh softly and slowly open my eyes and look up to meet Soda's eyes. He has a small smile on his face and a hand on his hip.

"Well... I assume you need to tell me something," Soda says. "Or at least a little bit."

"M-maybe," I murmur. "P-promise not to tell Darry? O-or anyone for that matter?"

"I promise baby brother," Soda says. "Not a word of what you say will go past my lips to Darry or anyone else."

"Okay... Well, Johnny and I," I say pausing for a moment. "Are kind of... Going steady, if you know what I mean."

"Ah, you mean that you and the preacher's son are dating," Soda asks. 

"Uh, yeah," I say. "I know we haven't even been here too awful long... "

"Well... Maybe a few weeks," Soda says, "So yeah, not too long."

"I know Soda but I can't help it none," I say. "He's just so cute and kind..."

"Sounds like you got a love bug," Soda teases. "That's cute."

My face heats up slightly at his words. Soda grins at me.

"When I first met him... I don't know what made me like him," I say. "He was all dressed nice and his hair was super curly, and his smile, oh gosh... His eyes too, they are amazing..."

"Okay pony, I gotcha, You're head over heels," Soda says. "Don't let him go, you don't fall in love very often Ponyboy. Keep it for as long as your able."

"I will Soda," I say. "I will try to hold onto him."

"Good," Soda says. "Now I have to go before I'm late to work."

"Bye Soda, have fun," I say.

"I will buddy, as much as I can for working at a gas station," Soda jokes before walking out of my room.

I smile softly and pull Johnny a little closer to me, giggling softly. Johnny shifts in my arms and he looks up at me.

"Morning cutie," I say happily.

"Morning Pony," Johnny slurs.

He smiles shyly and shifts, propping himself up on his elbows. I laugh lightly at him.

"What," Johnny asks in an almost insecure tone.

"Nothing love, you are just so cute," I say. "Promise you."

"Promise," he asks.

"Promise."

Johnny giggles and kisses my cheek, causing me to blush. I smile softly.

"I better get going back home," Johnny says sadly.

"Aw man, are you sure," I ask. "You can always stay here..."

"I know Ponyboy but I can't," Johnny says. "I would love to stay here but my dad will have my head if he knows I snuck out."

"Oh all right," I say sadly. "Be safe?"

"I'll try hun," Johnny says and gives a small smile my way.

He kisses my forehead and crawls out of bed, sighing. I stand up and hug him.

Johnny hugs back and rubs my back lightly before pulling away from me. I pout playfully at him.

"I'll see you at church tomorrow," Johnny asks hopefully.

"Of course, I'll be there as soon as it starts," I say. "I'll sit right next to you."

"Good. I wouldn't have it any other way," Johnny says.

He leans in and pecks my lips lightly. I blush again.

"Bye bye baby," Johnny says.

"Bye Johnny, see you tomorrow," I say.

Johnny walks out of my room and I follow him downstairs, seeing him walk out the door. I smile softly and walks into the kitchen.

"See you in church."

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃. ( 𝘫𝘰𝘩𝘯𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘺 )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें