Chapter Eight // Church

I walk into the church quietly, even if it hasn't started yet. Looking around, I only see Johnny's dad standing up front, flipping through the bible.

I sigh and take my seat in the back like last time and fold my hands into my lap. A hand rests on my shoulder, squeezing lightly and I turn around to see a grinning Johnny. 

"Church hasn't started yet but I have to clean up the room that's up by my dad, wanna help me," Johnny asks hopefully.

"Of course Johnny," I say. "Just tell me what to do and I'll do it."

Standing up quickly, I stuff my hands into my jean pockets and smile at him. He laughs lightly and starts walking to the front, me following behind him. 

I walk in after him and he turns on the light, closing the door behind him. The room was cleaned spotless. 

Just then, I feel Johnny wrap his arms around me tightly, making me fall back slightly. I catch myself and wrap my arms back around him, holding him tight.

"I just wanted a hug," Johnny murmurs into my chest.

"You could've asked baby," I say softly.

"Yeah but my dad would question me and then tell me we aren't supposed to do things like that," Johnny says. "Only a man and a woman are supposed to hug like we do. But I wanna love on you like they do..."

"And you can love on me like you want," I tell him. "I don't mind and that's how it is. I can do stuff with you just as a man and a woman. Your father isn't going to tell me otherwise."

I kiss his head and sway slightly, still holding him close to me. He looks up at me with his big brown eyes.

"Such a cutie," I murmur, pecking his lips.

Johnny blushes and buries his face back into my chest, holding my waist a little tighter. I rub his back gently and hum for a bit before stopping.

"It's time to head back out there but I want one thing before we go," I say.

"What's that," Johnny asks quietly.

"I want a kiss, if that's okay."

Johnny looks up at me and smiles before pressing his lips onto mine. I kiss back for a minute before pulling away and grinning.

"Ready to go," I ask letting go of him.

"No but we have to," Johnny says.

He pouts and I ruffle his hair lightly, listening to him giggle. I kiss his cheek and go to the door, opening it carefully and stepping out.

Right next to the door was Johnny's dad, glaring at me like I murdered someone he loved. I stop and look at him, Johnny stepping out next to me, after turning off the light and closing the door.

"Can I help you sir," I ask slowly. 

"What were you doing with my son," Johnny's dad fires back.

"C-cleaning the room," I say quickly. "T-that's what Johnny asked me to help him with."

He shoots a look at Johnny before glaring back at me, making me swallow thickly. I take a step back from him.

"I know that's a lie, him and I cleaned that room last night," Johnny's dad spits. "I know you and him are doing sinful things."

"N-no sir," I murmur.

"Don't lie to me boy, and let me tell you. My son is no fag and he will not be with some redneck hick like you," Johnny's dad says, voice slowly raising. "He will be with a girl because that is how God intended it. He shall not lie with a man the way he's supposed to a girl."

"Dad stop it," Johnny says. "You don't know me... And... And... The bible is shit. I can do as I please with anyone I want! I love him!"

"You don't know love and you don't love him," he spits.

Johnny grabs me by my shirt collar and smashes his lips against mine. I press back a little before pulling away. 

"I love you too Johnny," I say softly. "A whole lot."

Johnny's dad growls and slaps me, a stinging pain flowing through my face. Johnny gasps.

"Get out of my church," he yells. "Now!"

I turn and head out slowly, someone, I assume Johnny's, hand grabs mine and walks out with me.

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?