49

Madison's POV;
One day later-
I miss Ethan. I miss the Ethan I thought I knew. Thought I could trust. Thought who was loyal.

I let my guard down just to get knocked down again. Why don't I ever listen and learn?

I decided I needed to get out of this apartment. Everywhere I looked reminded me of something happy which didn't help because I just ended up crying.

So I went the only place that I felt calm. Even if it does remind me of Ethan.

The park. Our park. Mine and Ethan's park.
-
I strolled past the broken branches that hung off the old dirty trees and stood on the orange and brown coloured leaves that fell onto the ground of the park.

It was close to sunset, so close that it was almost pitch black. And the cold breeze hit my arms, since it was now almost autumn time.

It's crazy to think I moved back to Jersey in January and it's now the start of September.

And in those months I've learned more about myself, more than I thought I could even think about.

And Ethan helped with that.

As I began to think of him, tears started to erupt in my glossy eyes. I hated being this vulnerable.

"Dammit why do I always have to think of you?" I curse to myself, or what I thought was myself.

"Think of who?" A low voice comes from the right side of me, I was swaying on the half broken swing and the boy who I love was standing the other side of the swing set.

I look up to Ethan as he makes his way to sit next to me on the other swing. Just as broken as the one I was sitting on.

"Why do you always have to make an appearance?" I ask and we both laugh towards the end.

That, I missed.

"It's because I could never get away from you, even if we both tried" he says and I see his hand reach for mine as he slightly interlocks our fingers.

I look down and try to smile. But I couldn't. Not when I thought about what he done.

"What's happened to us?" I ask not expecting a reply. "Me, I happened" Ethan says and I give him a questioning look now looking at him in his dark eyes.
Ethan's POV;
It was true. I ruined us, her. And she's blaming herself. I'm the idiot.

I notice a tear slip from her green eyes and I go to wipe it away before she does it herself. That broke me, knowing I'm not the one who's comforting her at this moment.

"I miss you Ethan" she says kissing my knuckles but then letting go of my hand.

"And I appreciate you apologising to me" she says another tear slipping.

"But it still doesn't explain what you did" she says shakily.

She stands up from the swing and I dread to what she's going to do next.

"Seeing you with another girl again broke me"

"It also broke the trust I thought we both had for eachother"

"And it proved the honesty I thought you had aswell" she says. And those were the last words before she began to walk away.

Before she was out of arms length I grabbed her arm, not hurting her though of course.

"I- I still love you, remember that" I got out. She smiles weakly getting my hand off hers.

"I'm not sure about that, but I hope you know that I really do love you Ethan Grant" and with that she disappeared into the gloomy weather of Autumn.

If only she meant how much I regret kissing Kenzie.
-
After staying at the park for 10 minutes after she left I decided to walk back home since Grayson was probably wondering where I was.

I reached my house and I saw a white car parked outside, I recognised the car but I couldn't make out who's it was.

I walked into the warm house that held so many memories, but was taken back when a blonde girl stood in the kitchen with Grayson.

"What is she doing here Gray?" I ask now taking off my shoes. "She has a name you douche" Kenzie says turning around to face me.

"Kenzie told me you invited her over" grayson says and I look at her with an unamused face. She was now smirking.

"I don't want nothing to do with her" I said bluntly and walking past them before she grabs my forearm.

"I said I don't want anything to do with you" I say trying not to yell. "Aw did I cause something between you and little miss sensitive" she says and my nostrils flair.

"You made me lose the only good thing happening for me" I say ripping her pale hands off my body.

"She's a bitch anyway, and so ugl-"
"Don't fucking go there, I mean it" I shout and Grayson told her to get out.

"You don't talk about my best friend like that" he says basically shoving her out of our house.

And that's when I went up to my room.

As I was on the last step on the staircase I hear Grayson call my name.

"E, you and Mad's?" He asks and I sigh turning back on my heel.

"It's complicated, we love each other but she doesn't trust me, because I screwed up everything for us" I say now sitting on the top step.

Gray comes to sit by me. "She's special dude, get her back, I see how you look and feel about each other" he says and I nod.

"I know, I'm not going to stop trying, I-I love her" I sigh since I miss her so much.

He puts his arm around me and tells me he's always there for me and that it's gonna work out.

I hope it does.
---

Hey hoes