Psychological Warfare

Robin visibly saw Danny freeze. His muscles tensed, stopping midstrike. Looking closer, the boy wonder saw cracks of green appear in Danny's fiery eyes. Slowly, Robin relaxed his stance slightly; enough that he'd be able to defend himself if need be, but he didn't think that would happen.

   "Danny, you can beat her. Don't let her turn you into a monster."

   Silence. That's what followed Robin's words. Until, suddenly, things exploded with sound. Shouts were heard from the other Titans battling, Cyborg's sonic cannon going off every other second. Raven recited her spell often enough that it sounded more like a mantra than a spell, with various roars and squawks from Beast Boy.

    And Danny. His screams joined the fiery demons, though his was far more painful. The half ghost collapsed, clutching his head. Robin rushed to him, the half ghost's name leaving his lips in a cry. Just before Danny would have hit the ground, Robin caught him, barely catching a glimpse of Danny's eyes before he lost consciousness. Eyes that were now two different colors; one the painfully blazing red, the other the vibrant green the Titans had been trying so desperately to get back.

~~~~~~~~~~Line~Break~~~~~~~~

   Danny's body ached. No, it didn't ache, it burned. He wanted to curl up, sleep, maybe never wake again. But, unfortunately for him a strange whirring noise kept him from drifting off into oblivion. Finally, he opened his eyes, confused as to why everything seemed to be red.

   "Damn." An oddly familiar voice spoke, though it sounded a bit muffled. "I didn't think you'd actually wake up. Guess I'll have to fix that." Danny blinked several times, still not seeing where the voice was coming from. Suddenly, Danny's surroundings seemed to burst. He was ejected from the red haze he'd woken to, and, looking back, Danny saw the remnants of an incubator? What the hell?

   "Not the smartest, are you?" That voice spoke again, but Danny could see him now. And, what he saw, was him. Only, rather than the green eyes that was a vital part of his ghostly half, they were a burning red. And, upon closer inspection, Danny saw pointed teeth, and the jumpsuit he had half died in was, not so much different, as entirely changed. The alternate Danny wore studded armor on one shoulder, a torn black cloak billowing behind him. Black boots covered in studs and belts were on his feet, along with several belts layered over his hips.  A crown floated just above his head. Danny gasped at the sight of the crown. It was the very same one that Pariah Dark had worn. What the fuck?!

   "What the hell?" Danny said this aloud now, his voice rough and gravely. How long had he been trapped in that incubator?

   Slowly, Danny stumbled to his feet, breathing growing ragged at the effort. What was wrong with him?

   "What the fuck did she want with you?" The fiery version of himself spoke, a sneer firmly in place. "You're weak. In resolve, and in strength. You'll never win." Danny couldn't help but flinch at the words; words hardly any different from what he'd said to himself countless times. The half ghost finally managed to stand fully, though his breathing was far from even. "You can barely stand!" He taunted.

   "Who- What are you?" Danny managed to grit out. He wasn't in pain, so why was speaking so damn difficult?  "Why are you here? Where is here?" The other Danny practically cackled.

   "We're in your head dumbass, and you'll be making yourself a permanent resident!" With that he lunged forward. Without realizing it, Danny managed to move out of the way barely a second before a red glowing fist would have made contact. He wasn't given time to recover, and a sharp kick was sent to his ribs. This time, though, he couldn't dodge the blow. Pain exploded in his side, slowly snaking its way outward. Danny staggered, but quickly moved away from his assailant. He began to summon his ghostly powers. But they weren't there.