The Plan

An alarm roused all of the residents of Titans Tower, Beast Boy included. (Later, they would realize the alarm seemed far louder than ever before.) Robin, as he had still been awake when it went off, was the first to enter the living room. The boy wonder was met with the sight of a strange cloaked entity floating by the large window.

"Who are you?" Robin demanded, quickly taking on a defensive pose. The floating figure didn't respond, simply tuning around to face the Titan. Robin was shocked at the sight of the man. His face was mostly covered by a dark hood, but that didn't disguise the near constant shifting in age. A grandfather clock was imbedded in his chest, no matter the form he was in.

"Clockwork?" Came the voice of Cyborg from behind. Turning, Robin saw that each of the Titans stood behind him, also in a defensive position. That is, except for Cyborg. "What're you doing here?"

"Titans, hello." Clockwork spoke, a grim look crossing his visible features. "I am afraid we do not have much time."

"What are you doing here?" Robin repeated Cyborg's words, a bit more forcefully. "I doubt you came here just to talk."

"You are correct. And, as I've already said, we don't have much time." He said. Each of the Titans slowly relaxed their defensive positions, though it was clear they did not trust the spirit floating before them. "It is about Daniel." And with those words, the Titans all broke out into concerned words.

"Has Danny been harmed?" Starfire asked.

"Is he okay?" Asked Beast Boy, now wide awake.

"What's happened?" Robin asked, business first (as usual.)

"It is my fault, I suppose. I should have known she would return." He practically murmured. "As I'm sure you are aware, Danny has been taken-"

"By whom has Danny been taken?" Starfire cut him off, clasping her hands together in worry.

"Her name is Alpan. And I fear what she will do Danny, or, even more concerning, what she will make him do." For the first time since he had entered the home of the Titans, Clockwork lifted his head. Robin almost wished he hadn't. The grim look on the ghost's face nearly destroyed any remaining hope he had left pertaining to the half ghost. Could this Alpan really hurt Danny in such a way? Or force the half ghost to do... what exactly? Robin, never one to miss out on information, decided to voice his thoughts.

"What exactly do you mean? How could she force Danny to do anything? He isn't exactly weak willed." Robin snorted, hoping to conceal the rising concern he was feeling.

"His resolve will have little to do with it." Clockwork sighed. "We do not have time to discuss this. I cannot interfere in the actions of Danny anymore; even coming here was a risk." The latter was almost inaudible to the others in the room. After a moment of thought on Clockwork's part, he once again spoke. "In order to rescue Danny, you must venture into the Ghost Zone."

"How the hell are we going to go there?!" Cyborg exclaimed. "Last time it took a giant green portal that randomly showed up! What are we supposed to do, sit here and wait for one to show up!" He yelled, clearly irritated.

"I'm sure you remember Wulf? The ghost Danny spoke to during your visit?" A look of realization crossed the older teens face, a similar one gracing Robins. "And," the ghost added, "you, Victor, will not be going." This was met with several outraged shouts.

"Like hell I'm not going!" Cyborg shouted. Though the half metal teen would never admit it vocally, Danny had actually grown on him. Not to mention he was his only real challenge when it came to gaming.

"It seems that you've also forgotten why it was so urgent that you leave the Ghost Zone in the first place." Clockwork said with a raised eyebrow. Cyborg, while obviously irritated, seemed to deflate. The half metal teen had clearly remembered what would happen should he stay in the Ghost Zone. "I would also suggest you, Garfield, stay behind."

"Dude! I can't stay back!" Beast Boy shouted in protest. "I have to go and help get Danny!" Now the young Titan just seemed to be whining.

"I am afraid you will be of little help. Not all ghosts have as kind auras as Daniel. And, based on your transformative abilities, you will easily be affected by those auras." He said, staring at Beast Boy seriously. The changeling, to his credit, stared at Clockwork defiantly, not wanting to be left behind on such an important mission. But, inevitably, Beast Boy gave in, a muttered agreement barely being heard.

"Good." Clockwork stated, turning towards the Titan's leader. "As I've said before, we do not have much time. In one hour I will send Wulf to retrieve you. He will open a portal that leads to my tower. There I will brief you further on how we will rescue Daniel." And, before anyone else could protest, he disappeared.

"Well fuck." Cyborg huffed, clearly irritated. None of the Titans bothered to scold him on his language; after all, they were all thinking it.

"Starfire, Raven." Robin said, gaining both girl's attention. "Go and prepare to leave. If that Clockwork was right about anything, it was that we need to get Danny out. Soon." Robin swept out of the room then, presumably to go prepare himself for what was to come. The other Titans shuddered at how similar the current situation was to when they rescued Danny initially. None of them wanted to remember that moment. And Robin, no matter how hard he tried to repress it, felt a fear he hadn't felt since Slade creep up in the back of his mind.

Robin tried to shake away those thoughts. No, he thought, I will get Danny. No matter what. After all, he had promised Danny he was safe, and Robin never broke a promise.