Physics

Cyborg was confused. He saw Robin kneeling beside Beast Boy, staring at him with horror clearly on his face. He heard Danny shouting at them to get out. What was the kid talking about?

   Suddenly, Cyborg felt his feet grow cold.

   Something rammed into his torso, taking his breath away. At that same moment, Cyborg's vision was filled with green. For some reason it reminded him of Danny's eyes.

   When his vision finally cleared, Cyborg was sure that he had been knocked unconscious. There was no possible way that this place existed, for a few reasons. Firstly, Cyborg was floating. Though, it seemed to be the norm here, as there were floating islands and doors surrounded by a green hue. Seriously, what happened to the laws of physics?

   "Dammit!" Cyborg jumped at the sudden curse. Looking behind him, he found Danny to be the source of the noise. Why was he here?

   "Uh... Danny?" Cyborg asked, still very confused. He must be dreaming. What other explanation could there be? But, if that was the case, why was he dreaming of Danny in a strange universe?

   "Dammit!" He repeated, confusing Cyborg even further. The half metal teen quickly came to a rather horrifying realization.

   "Danny... this isn't a dream, is it?" Cyborg's horror only increased when Danny shook his head. "Where the hell are we?" He exclaimed, trying not to panic. Cyborg rarely ever panicked about anything, and he would be damned before he did in front of Danny.

"The Ghost Zone." Danny muttered. Cyborg stared at him, eyes wide. He must have heard him wrong. There was no such thing as ghosts, let alone a damn Ghost Zone. Cyborg, still a bit shocked, decided to say so. "But- There's no such thing." He sputtered. Danny, still not looking in the older teen's direction, snorted.

"Try again." he muttered, clearly bitter. About what, Cyborg had no idea. If he didn't know any better, Cyborg would think the kid was afraid. But it couldn't be that; the kid was part ghost. If anything, Cyborg should be the one afraid.

What sounded like an approaching engine snapped both teens out of their dazes. Danny flew over to Cyborg and grabbed his mechanical arm, flying the both of them away. He might have complained about it if Cyborg hadn't been distracted by the feeling of flight. Yes, he had hitched a ride with other members of the Titans, but this was different. He wasn't sure if it was due to the lack of physics, or if it was because of Danny, but it felt... it felt like he was the one flying. Like Cyborg was weightless, despite his metal appendages. Is this how Starfire felt when she flew? Did Raven? Cyborg felt completely and utterly free.

Danny landed, startling Cyborg out of his thoughts. It was even more startling when Cyborg started to phase through the floor. He felt his eyes widen, and felt rather justified when he began to panic.

"What the hell!" Cyborg exclaimed, gripping Danny's arm like his life depended on it. And considering the circumstances, it very well could. Cyborg heard Danny curse under his breath.

   "Okay, you have to want to touch the ground." He said quickly, confusing Cyborg. What the hell does the kid mean 'want to touch the ground?' Of course Cyborg wanted to touch the ground! Why would he not want to? Cyborg, in an act of mild desperation told Danny so. The half ghost huffed out an irritated breath before speaking again. "No! In the Ghost Zone, a living being has to consciously want to touch anything from here!" He said, a hint of panic in his voice.

Cyborg was still utterly confused, but he was also very desperate by this point. Couldn't hurt to try, right? Closing his eyes, Cyborg focused solely on trying to touch the ground. After a few moments, nothing happened, and Cyborg was still desperately clutching the younger teen's arm.

"It isn't working Phantom!" Cyborg said desperately.

"Listen, Cyborg." Danny said quickly. "It goes against your natural instincts to want to touch any part of this world, so you have to want it with every part of your being, understand?" He stared at Cyborg, though he didn't meet his eyes. Despite this, Cyborg could clearly see how serious he was. Okay, he just had to want to touch the ground. How hard could it be? Closing his eyes again, Cyborg focused with all his might on just wanting to touch the ground. Finally, as if a gift from every deity to ever exist, Cyborg felt the ground beneath his feet.

   Both teens breathed a sigh of relief at this. Cyborg let go of Danny's arm, wincing slightly when he saw a clear red handprint.

"So what do we do now?" Cyborg asked, looking at the sheer green surroundings. Ignoring the obvious lack of gravity, it was actually a rather scenic view. A slight mist made the stone islands shine, and almost disguised the strange doors.

"Leave." Danny responded, bringing Cyborg's attention back to the younger teen. Why was he acting so strange? Since the Titans had rescued him over a month ago, and since he started speaking, the kid was rather... reclusive. Though, even Cyborg had to admit he had reason to be. Robin wasn't the only one to see the kid's many scars. However, since they had ended up in this Ghost Zone, Danny had been acting differently. Almost as if he was afraid. But why would he be? Wasn't Danny from here, being half ghost and all?

   If Cyborg had been watching Danny a bit more closely, he would have seen Danny's eyes widen in realization before the half ghost spoke.

   "Cyborg," he began quietly, gaining the attention of the older teen, "what type of tech do you have?" Danny asked quietly. Surprised, Cyborg answered.

   "It's from my own design. I made most of the parts myself, why the sudden interest?" Cyborg asked suspiciously. The half metal teen grew wary when Danny cursed in response. "What?"

   "We have to get out of here." Was all Danny said.

   "What are you talking about? Why the hurry?" Cyborg asked loudly, quickly losing his patience.

   "If we stay here too long," Danny said, meeting Cyborg's eyes for the first time, "you'll die."