I heard a chuckle and looked behind me at Caleb. "What?"

"You have pine needle imprints all over your leg!" he laughed.

"Hurts like a bitch too. Lead me back to the pack house," I ordered.

"Why should I take your orders?"

"Because if you don't bring me back I'm going to be dead in the woods," I stated simply. I heard a labored sigh and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward. I stumbled a bit at the suddenness but caught up quickly and carefully picked my way across the landscape.

As we walked I could feel the calluses on his hands on my smooth ones and missed the days I had had them too. All active wolves have them from running on the forest floor. All wolves, that is, except me.

I noticed the sun was swooping low and barely any light was touching my skin. The nights were still cool so I shivered a bit.

"What time is it?" I wondered aloud. I heard some rustling as Caleb probably checked his phone.

"Eight at night."

"We were out for a long time," I said amazed. We missed two meals and now that I realized it, my stomach started up with the familiar stabbing sensations. I pressed my free hand against my abdomen. As I rubbed it I noticed I wasn't wearing clothes and stopped walking. At the same time, I realized he was wearing even less considering all of his were in tatters. This sudden knowledge made me hyper aware of him and I ducked my head to hide my blush. Just because I couldn't see it didn't mean it didn't bother me.

"What now?" Caleb growled.

"I'm not going in there without clothes Caleb," I said. It was the first time I had ever actually said his name and I begrudgingly admitted that it rolled off my tongue with some ease.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not going to look like your little slut! Listen, just go in there and get some clothes from Gypsy, okay? Please?" I added at the end. And I would look like a slut if we walked in together.

"Why should I, it's not like there's any benefit for me."

"There's no benefit for you now either," I argued.

"Sure there is, it looks like I got some action."

I tore my wrist from his grip and rubbed the warm spot, trying to rub away the feeling of his touch. "You know what? I'll take care of it myself."

I marched on and slowed to cross the creek. I tried remembering how I had gotten here and it was a pretty straight path. I followed my ears again to the sound of chatter emanating from the pack house. I reached the outskirts of the forest and sharpened my ears. How was I going to do this? I slapped my hand over my face and let gravity drag it over my features.

Why did it have to be Caleb who found me? Why couldn't it have been Gypsy?

Wait, come to think of it, what was Caleb doing in the woods? He said he had been around since I first got there. Was he stalking me? Why would he do that though? Maybe he was secretly worried about me, I mean I am blind? Okay, time to stop. With thoughts like that my ego will inflate and I would definitely fall under the category of delusional.

I refocused on my surroundings and didn't hear anybody outside. Of course that didn't mean people weren't looking out of the windows but it made me feel better.

I sprinted toward the noise and crouched next to the paneled wall. Now it's time to avoid the noise. I rounded the house nearly crawling in an effort to avoid windows. I came across a wooden door and listened closely. It was silent on the inside. I twisted the knob and gently pushed it in. When I entered I realized someone was sleeping. I heard their heavy breathing and prayed they were they type to not wake up even when a bomb detonates by their ear.