Chapter 15

By the next day, everyone knew about my challenge to Barbie. Seems like this was the first time someone had openly challenged her and now that I looked at Nicole strutting into the cafeteria, her head held high, she looked like she was about to walk all over me. But I knew better. The cafeteria hushed as she walked up to our table and stopped. I motioned Cole and Cam to stand next to each other and they did. They both were a sight in all black today. They both had a leather jacket and the only thing that was different was the shade of the clothes and the hi-tops. Their hair was styled the same and if I were meeting them for the first time, I would never be able to guess which is which; the similarities between the Walters twins was striking.

I watched as Nicole looked back and forth between the twins and then at me. I folded my arms and tapped my foot on the ground patiently. She held her head even high and I had to refrain from laughing because it looked like she was sniffing something.

After a few moments of scrutinising the two, I realised that she actually didn’t know which was which! I stood shocked because I don’t think anyone else made that revelation except for Ali and me.

“We’re waiting,” I told her with a smirk.

She slowly walked up to them and tried to keep their faces blank but I could see a smile threatening at Cam’s lips.

“So… which is it?” I asked getting a little impatient now.

She pointed at one of them but a blind man could see that she was trying to point at neither but both at the same time. I rolled my eyes at her antics. “I want you to go up to your boyfriend and kiss him.”

Her eyes got a little big before she approached one of the twins before moving onto the second. Everyone waited in anticipation. She wound her arms around one of their necks and planted a kiss smack on their lips. I put my hand on my mouth. The twin pulled away immediately and wiped his face in disgust.

“Wow and you call yourself his girlfriend.”

By now everyone figured out that Nicole had kissed Cam instead of Cole and I saw her go red from embarrassment. Cole just looked stone-faced. Poor guy.

After that was over, we all sat down at the popular table and it was quiet for a few moments as everyone stared at Nicole. She wanted a show, she was getting it. Barbie looked uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat picking at her lunch avoiding eye contact with everyone.

“This is all your fault!” I jumped at Nicole’s sudden outburst and once again everyone fell silent. I just raised my eyebrows in response.

“They’re twins! Of course it’s going to be hard to identify which is which. They are called identical twins for a reason, you know!” She was still shouting. Ah, typical Nicole, make it look like it someone else’s fault. I just ignored her. “Don’t ignore me!” she snapped. Getting angry, she banged her hand on the table. “Why don’t you prove which is which?”

“But I already know which is which,” I said pointing at Cam who was obviously sitting next to me and Cole next to her. She thought for a bit.

“Cole, Cam, go stand in the middle of the canteen.” They grudgingly got up and made their way there. Then she turned to me. “And you too.” I shrugged and stood up making my way over to them. “Turn around,” Barbie commanded. Rolling my eyes I did as she said.

After a few seconds she told me to turn back round. She had a smirk on her face. “Now, tell me which is which?”

I looked at the twins and then back at Nicole who had her hands on her hips, still smirking.

I sighed tiredly. “Left is Cam and on the right is Cole.” Everyone stared at me in surprise, even the twins.

Just then the bell rang ending lunch. I smiled sarcastically at Barbie before gathering my stuff and making my way to next lesson.