•9•

Namjoon woke up a bit earlier to call in sick to work. He peeked into his living room to see if Gu was still sleeping, and surely enough he was. So with a smile, Namjoon showered and brushed his teeth and did the rest of his morning routine within the next 10 minutes then going to find breakfast.

Him cooking that well was a one time thing. Because the last time he cooked, there were firefighters in the building, and no one wanted that again. So he just decided to order food from one of his favorite chicken places to get delivered to his apartment instead.

After a while of waiting and flipping through magazines and organizing things which ended up in them getting even less organized, the food finally arrived. Namjoon was quick to answer the door, bowing thanks for the delivery man then bringing the food in.

It had been a while since he checked on Gu. So long that as soon as Namjoon turned around, he was standing right there. The elder smiled at him and lead the way to the couch where they would be eating. Namjoon sat down the food to fold up the blanket Gu used to sleep, not touching the one that he came with since he had seemed to retrieve it on his own somewhere throughout the night.

The younger's nose twitched in delight of the new smell as the two sat down.

"Food?" Gu looked at it through the corner of his eye since his head was turned towards Namjoon. The elder only chuckled and nodded, taking out the portion that belonged to him and handing it to him.

"Eat well, I have a lot of things planned for today." Namjoon smiled. Gu quickly took the box, ignoring everything else except for food, and within the same minute, it was gone.

"Done." He looked up, mouth covered in sauce. Namjoon chuckled before reaching for a napkin and cleaning off his face for him.

"I was going to give you chopsticks." He laughed more to himself. Gu laughed too. And for the first time, Namjoon had seen him smile. Even if the corners of his mouth still had barbeque sauce on them or if there were still little pieces of chicken in his teeth, Namjoon still thought it was the prettiest smile he had ever seen.