Ch.8 My Brother

The inn was in an uproar because soldiers were preparing for a fight. They realized it will be a tough battle, maybe, if lucky only a few wills die. Everyone was willing to die in combat. This fight wasn't only for Shizi, it was for the honor of Tianxin clan too. Everyone wrote a goodbye letter in case they died, these letters were handed to Yuzhou. Like this, she turned into a war letter-carrier, those people were despised, because they brought messages from they dead lovers.

"Take these white masks and black robes. Put them on." Long said.

Now, no one knew who they were. So they started moving to the sewers. This path wasn't long but to everyone, this felt like it was the longest walk of their life. After getting out of the sewers they wandered in the building near the main street.

Room was so quiet that they heard their hearts beating. No one produced a noise. Some of them were praying in their heads other were observing surroundings through the window. The sky became black, the rain started hitting the roof. The crowd became smaller, only really interested in execution stayed there.

------/Main street\------

"Something is wrong. This huge amount of killing intent is penetrating my body. Put soldiers on highest alert." Commander of Holy Empire told to his assistant.

------/House\------

"Holy Empires soldier number has doubled." One of the fighters informed Long.

"There is nothing we can change."

Soldiers became more and more nervous as they waited. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes grew into hours. Their fighting spirit became thinner.

"Charge!!!"

The windows were shattered. Unprepared soldiers were assassinated instantly. The blood was splattered on the pavement. A great fight opened. Empires soldiers weren't strong, but they vastly outnumbered them. Finally, one group started advancing. Empires soldiers bodies started stacking up as the assault group pushed forward. Defense group received a few injuries, but nothing significant. Everything was progressing according to plan. Assault met a huge obstacle it was a very tough soldier.

"I will take care of him. Everyone else, carry on. That an order!" Long said as he disconnected from a group.

His mana transformed to a Katana. A fight between Katana users began. Katanas were clashing with each other, sparks were coming from their swords. One was stronger, movements were clearly faster, his technique was unbreakable, each swing produced a deep wound. Empires solder was coated in blood. His body sank down. He struggled to tell something but he couldn't because his heart stopped. Long bowed to his corpse and rushed back to assault group.

The street was mixed with rainwater and blood. Corpses were lying everywhere. Some people from the crowd were murdered too. Defense group lost one member if this fight would continue on any longer they all would die.

Finally, he came to his brother body and untied ropes.

"Can you walk?" Long asked.

"Yes, I can."

*boom

The lightning blasted the guillotine. Everyone's attention was directed to it.

*slash

Longs left hand started falling down. Everyone was shocked.