Chapter 7

Sorry about the delay! School was a bitch and kept me busy but summers here and writing should be more frequent.

Hope you enjoy!

*********

I sat with my knees pulled against my chest, my hands wrapped around my body as I watched the guys through the studio mirror. They were currently on the opposite side jamming out as they seemingly worked on a new song, but if you asked me it seemed as if they were just fucking around.

Midge and Charlotte had gone to her parents house to finish up paying some of the wedding vendors. I insisted on going along but they just shook it off and had Zacky bring me to the studio instead. They said they would be done soon enough and be back in time to go get the dresses from the tailors.

By the time we arrived at the studio we were already late and the rest of the guys were in the box glaring at Zacky. He gave them a no fucks given shrug and ran in to join them.

I took my place on the rather large sofa and watched them intently. Mainly my eyes kept drifting between Matt and Brian. Brian was a nice guy from what I've seen of him and we had so much in common, but Matt.... Matt was just so damn familiar and I hated to admit that feelings were forming.

I had no chance with him, not ever. Come on Linds.... Stop dreaming of thing you can never have. Just expect that Brian wants to be friends and that Matt just took it a bit far.... Whether it be from some stupid bet or if it was because he didn't feel like having Brian upstage him. Either way I wasn't getting in that mess. Friends.... I only do friends because those gorgeous men would never want me.

"Linds." I quickly shook myself from my daze and gazed up at Brian who was standing in front of me. His hair slicked up with sweat as he smiled at me.

"Yeah?" I grinned, trying to compose my thoughts I had swirling in my head.

"You interested in playing?" He cocked his head to the side and his eyes darted across the room. My eyes instantly followed to where he was pointing and I had to fight the smile that was forming.

In the corner was one of his guitars, it was plugged in and ready to be played loud and fast. It was even the one I loved the most with its red and black stripes running down the body, how could someone go wrong with that.

"Sure." I casually shrugged, trying not to seem too excited. Must control my inner fan girl or I'd look like a complete idiot.

Standing up quickly, I followed Brian over to where his guitar was plugged in. I've only seen one of these guitars one other time in my life and it was at guitar center. I, of course frantically had to have someone take a picture of it and me together. It was my dream guitar, one that I was only meant to look at and not touch. So getting this opportunity was like a dream come true.

"Consider yourself lucky Linds." Jimmy smiled as he came around from his drum set to lean against the door frame. "He doesn't let just anyone touch his guitars."

"Hey!" Brian shouted as he pushed me the rest of the way over. "Linds is cool, she can play."

"Play what?" Johnny grinned from his seat on the stool across the room. "Smoke on the water?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat listening to Johnny's childish digs. It was clear Brian didn't tell them much about my guitar playing background and judging by his smirk I knew this is what he planned.

"Nah." I shrugged as my eyes panned the ground looking at the different kinds of pedals they had set up. That's when I noticed one that I used specifically when I played one of my most impressive Metallica renditions. "Smoke on the Water is a bit to simple." Tilting my head I smirked at Johnny before lifting the guitar up and into my hands.