Thirty Five

I couldn't breathe for a moment. My heart stopped but it came back beating like crazy. My heart was thumping on my chest and my feelings were overflowing with happiness that even myself couldn't express how lucky it was to have him waking up. I wanted to cry and broke in tears but my feet, it told me to run and come to Ong's side and so i did. I ran into the hospital entrance with hopes and dreams building up again after it was shattered.

I want to see him and I want him to see me.

Min Hee was calmly leaning next to the door. She was waiting for Daniel to come. She wanted Daniel to be the first person that Ong's sees.

"Doctor told me he's awake," Min Hee said as he saw Daniel running towards her. "You've been waiting for this," she stated as she swallowed her saliva. "I wish nothing but happiness," she continued. Daniel gave her a smile but it was hard enough that he felt like his knees were trembling. Daniel's kept his chill as he tried his hardest to twist the shiny metal doorknob that was reflecting his face.

It felt different. It felt like it was the first time they met. Daniel was sweating as his heart felt like it was about to drop. The feelings he had was strongly telling him that something could go wrong but he refused to believe. That was why he decided to twist the door knob with a nervous heart beating in his chest.

His eyes scanned through the room and stopped as he saw a dark haired boy, standing while his face was looking out from the window. There he was. Standing and breathing as he was happy enough to be able to see the world when he was on the edge of not surviving, to be able to live as a human being and to know that there will always be someone who will wait for him. Daniel soft smile peeked through his lips because even himself couldn't believe of what he was seeing but there he was.

The sun kissed his face perfectly when his eyelashes blinked. His perfectly sculpted face was there with a warm smile. Daniel's heart melted. It was beautiful.

" You're awake," Daniel softly broke out the silence. Ong's head turned to look at him but Daniel was looking away from his contact.

"Y-yeah," Ong stuttered as he swallowed his saliva. Daniel gave a slight nod as he raised up his head to look at Ong. Ong didn't know what to do so he had his smile plastered on his face but Daniel on the other side was filled with happiness but he was trying so hard to contain himself.

I want to hug him, please let me.

"How do you feel?"

"A bit pain in my stomach but i'm okay," Ong answered looking at the floor as he tried to sit back on his bed. Daniel quickly helped him.

"I've missed you," he finally said as he slowly took his seat next to Ong. His heart wanted Ong so much that the whole journey without him was slowly killing his heart. He was shaking and he tried so hard to not show how nervous he was. "So much that it hurts," He continued again as he noticed that his tears were dropping like rain droplets. But it was true, as days passed by, his heart grew emptier and his feelings were failing with hopes of Ong recovering.

"No matter how much I tried," he paused to wipe off the tears. "It will always lead me back to you," he continued with his tears coming out non stop.

"Just come back to me," he said it again with another wish that felt like it was impossible to reach it.

"I will,"

Ong's hands were slowly grabbing Daniel's hands. 

"Because I need you," Ong said looking at Daniel. All Daniel had in mind was to wrap his arms around Ong and right at that moment, he couldn't help it. He grabbed Ong's hands and threw him in his arms. 

He waited for it to happen. For so long he had been wanting it to be like this. This was how it was supposed to feel. Warm and welcome like warm coffees and cakes. This was what he needed and to his surprise, Ong didn't tried to let himself out but instead, he pulled Daniel tighter. 

"I still love you," Daniel whispered in his ears. "My heart will always be with you,"

*****************************************

A/N: YOU'RE ALL INVITED TO MY FUNERAL