Thirty

What am I going to do? I can't afford to lose him.

Daniel heart ached. He couldn't held his tears thinking about the fact that he let Ong go just like that. It was his fault from the start. He never wanted it to happen but why did he let it happened? He couldn't even express his actual feelings yet now he knew that Ong hated him with all his might.

Maybe I deserve it,
Because i broke him apart.

It was already dark and it felt like the days he had was getting darker and darker as each day passed. Daniel let out a heavy sigh. He dropped his body on his bed as he stared into the ceiling. His heart was slowly breaking too. He wanted to cry but tears didn't seem like it would solve it, so he ended up bottling up his feeling while his heart slowly burns in pain.

"Daniel," The door creaked opened, Daniel raised up his head. It was Min Hee, slowly took her steps inside Daniel's room. She wasn't looking at her best, she was tired too. With endless discussion about the wedding and planning that never seemed to work. Her hair was tied up, but she was looking exhausted.

"I think, now's the perfect time to discuss things," she whispered as hid her hands in her dark red hoodie and took a seat on Daniel's bed, next to Daniel who was lying down on his bed.

"Why now?" Daniel asked plainly as he continued staring into his pale gray ceiling. He didn't bother to look at her, he was also exhausted, with problems that never seemed to end.

"Because i realized one thing," Min Hee said as he look into Daniel's eyes. "You can't force love, to stop, or even to start," Min Hee continued as she cleared her throat afterwards. Daniel had goosebumps surrounding him, because it was true.

You can't force love, no matter how much effort and force you've put in, it never worked. It was a feeling that you'll never see it coming and it somehow happened with a blink of an eye. But at the end, you'll eventually fall in love.

"I'm torn apart because of this," Daniel stated. He closed his eyes as he felt like his eyes were slowly drying out.

"I'm torn apart too," Min Hee confessed. They never really had a proper conversation, not even once. It was a relationship that never worked so they end up being friends or acquaintances. "And I'm tired, because we can't do anything,"

"You can tell me if you want," Daniel replied as he got up to sit so he could look at Min Hee. Min Hee's eyes widened.

"Are you willing to hear me out?"

"Yes, because I thought you might need it,"

"Very well then," Min Hee said while she breathed in. "Back in high school, I was afraid that i would never fall in love with boys or even make boys fall in love with me," Min Hee started, her breathing was calm and it was quiet. Daniel gave his attention completely to Min Hee.

"And to have you, as a partner back then, was something that i was thankful for," she continued again, Daniel nodded.

"But then, what we had there wasn't a thing, but in fact, to fill up each other's company," she added. That were the thoughts that piled up in her head and Daniel felt like Min Hee needed somebody from the start.

"I feel bad for not making it work," Daniel softly whispered. Min Hee smiled. "That's okay," she softly said. "Because of that, I actually found myself,"

"What do you mean?" Daniel questioned since he was a bit lost.

"I never really had interest in boys,"

Daniel jaw dropped. "Really?"

"Yeah, honestly," she answered as she felt like she was so embarrassed. "I used to have a crush on the girl who sat beside you in class," she added as she covered her face with her sleeves.

"No way!" Daniel said as he was actually shocked too. "After all these time during classes, you didn't actually took secret glances to me then?" Daniel asked with a small nod. "But in fact, to——,"

"To look at her," Min Hee finished it off.

"And I know that you never really had interest in me to begin with," Min Hee blurted out. "Oh wait, in girls," she continued.

"How did you—,"

"Well, it was obvious why it didn't work out,". Min Hee continued. "But why did you hate me though?" Min Hee questioned.

"I don't know, it kinda just happened," Daniel shrugged.

"That's okay," she replied softly. "But Daniel," she suddenly continued. Her tone turned into serious, Daniel looked into her face as he was curious about the next word she will say.

"The wedding is in 3 days, you and i have to tell our parents the honest truth, so this wedding shit doesn't happen," Min Hee stated. If only it was that easy.

"Go find Ong, Daniel, he needs you," Min Hee said with the warmest smile she has. She was a good person from the start, she never really had bad intentions, guess we were wrong all along. Daniel nodded.

"It's better like this," Daniel softly stated.

"To finally have a proper conversation," Daniel trailed off.

Min Hee gave another smile and gave him a hug. Back then, they never really had skin contacts and to be having her hugging Daniel wasn't really a love type of hug, but it was a hug in friendship that they will cherish.

"You're a good friend," Min Hee said, patting her hands on Daniel's back. "Thank you," she added.

"Now, don't be too sad, you and Ong will be great together," Min Hee said as she stood up from her seat. "Plus, you both look cute together," she said with a grin and took steps to exit Daniel's room. Daniel couldn't help but to smile.

***********************
A/N: You've been suffering for a long period of time, so I've decided to write a warm chapter so it doesn't get too sad. We're a few chapters away from the last bits, I'm emo but thats okay. We'll go through it together!