Twenty Five

"Minhyun-ah," Ong called him out silently. They were currently in the hospital, Minhyun felt sick right after the play ended which was why Ong got stuck in the hospital to wait for him.

He was now in one of the patients room with Minhyun lying on the bed. Ong sat next to him to watch him. It was quiet, with only the sounds of the trolley being pushed outside the patient's room and the beeping machine on the corner of the room.

"What?" Minhyun raspily answered without even opening his eyelids. He was weak, he barely even moved his limbs. His skin looks paler than his original skin color.

"Don't you wanna wake up?" Ong whispered. Seeing him like this was painful to even look at.

Ong watched him and waited for him to move and give an answer but he was just lying there, breathing silently.

"I'm still waiting," Ong stated plainly. But what was he thinking. Minhyun was sick, he doesn't have to even answer.

"Ong, you can go home if you want to, I'll be fine here," Minhyun finally replied after a few seconds. Ong wanted to go home, but to leave him like this wasn't something he would do. He wanted to wait until he got out.

"I swear I'll be fine," Minhyun added after noticing that Ong took a while to answer meaning that he was still thinking.

"You're not,"

"I'm just having a fever, the normal fever," Minhyun argued weakly. Ong glanced at him then turned back to the floor.

"Well, yes it is, but each time you have a fever, you end up being in a hospital," Ong stated with a sigh. "How is that normal to you?" he asked softly as his eyes looked on the floor.

Minhyun grunted softly and cleared his throat. He wasn't planning to answer that question.

"It's alright Ong," Minhyun paused just to adjust his position. "I'm going to rest too," Minhyun stated before dozing off completely after a few seconds.

"Very well then, I'm going home," Ong told himself, then took his coat, and made his way back home.

It was almost 11pm and it was starting to get really quiet with nothing to hear. Ong walked steadily as a fact that it didn't bother him that much but what bothered him on the cold quiet night, walking underneath the starry sky, was Daniel. Not just him, but the night they went out dancing it the rain, laying on the wet soggy grass with broken promises.

"Then I'll go there with you everyday," Daniel stated sweetly.

A sentence that played in his mind.

"Oh Daniel," he sighed hopelessly. "Where did you even go?" Sadness sounded so clear from that black haired boy.

He continued taking his steps. Walking to the path where it leads back home. He was in dazed and came back to reality when he realized that he stopped on someone else's house. A second home, Daniel's apartment building. Usually, it has lights even watching from down here but now, it was just another dark place.

Ong straightened his lips. He tightened the grip of his backpack and walked home when he coincidentally met another bright boy coming out from a convenience store with an ice cream in his hands.

"Samuel! Wait!" Ong shouted, even though the night was quiet and he knew that even if they speak with normal tones, their voices would still be clear but Ong didn't care anyway.

Samuel stopped in his tracks, and hesitated whether he should turn or not.

Ong felt a slight relieved when he saw Samuel. His schedule was different from Ong so they stopped meeting in the theater room.

"Samuel," Ong finally said normally.

"Yes,"

"You know Daniel's not he—-,"

"Don't ask me, I don't know a thing," Samuel stated abruptly.

"I know, it's just that, did he ever told you anything?" He asked with curiousity surrounding himself. "Or even anything," his voice finished the sentence.

Samuel shook his head and licked the melted ice cream that was flowing to his hands. Ong offered a piece of tissue and that young mixed boy took it.

"Please Sam, help me out," Ong pleaded as he was hoping, hoping really bad.

"Hyung, I really don——,"

"I just need to see him, at least to tell him a goodbye," Ong said bitterly as he was truly upset even with himself.

"Hyung,"

"I miss him," he confessed hopelessly as he let out a small sigh.

It felt like being stranded in an island without anyone to ask for help. Ended up being alone and eventually, you'll die. Alone. Which was the worst part.

"I'm sorry, Samuel," Ong stated apologetically. He wanted help but it seemed like it wasn't that easy.

Samuel nodded sadly and gave Ong a hug. Even that young boy could feel what Ong truly felt.

"I'll get going now," Ong said. "I'll see you around," Ong continued walking and gave a small wave to Samuel.

He continued his journey home again with a heavy heart still pullling him down like an anchor in a ship. He refused to let his feelings empower him.

"Hyung!" Samuel called out.

Ong quickly turned his head.

"I know where he is,"

***************************
A/N: Hope you enjoyed chapter 25!! Lots of love babies :))x