Thirty-Three

I had blood all over my hands. For the first time, I had a person surrounded with a pile of blood on my lap. It was unreal to begin with. I was crying so hard that it left my chest a heavy pain marked on it. He was in pain and so was I. I couldn't do anything to help and to be thinking again, i was glad that i was there to help him. But if I was a bit late, I could've lost him. I had hopes and dreams piled up in my chest wishing for forgiveness but in a split second, it turned out beyond expectations. It was surreal.

No matter how hard i tried to stop thinking about it, it never worked out. I had guilts running down my blood mixed with regrets from the very beginning. It was my fault because none of this would've happened if I told him the truth.

***********

Daniel's eyes fluttered opened. He let out a deep heavy sigh while sadness crept into his heart. It felt empty, lonely and cold. His heart was shattering as the thought of Ong came across his mind.

He had dried tears marked on his cheeks and puffy eyes. He blinked his eyes twice as it was dried out for crying far too long. He looked down on his hands, still the blood stains was there. Following the pattern on his fingerprint and his nails. He closed his eyes because even himself wasn't in his right state of mind. Whatever happened just now wasn't what he had visioned. He was a mess. He felt troubled and awful especially with mixed up emotions circling his head.

He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands hoping he should stop thinking about it. He rested his back on the cold white wall as he sat on the stool in the hospital hallway. The door in front of him was pressed tightly together as it was locked. He stared on it, hoping that it'll be open so that a doctor can tell him that Ong was alright, that he was safe from all these things that he's gone through.

That was when the door creaked opened. Daniel raised up his head as fast as a lightning. Revealed a man, dressed in light blue hospital attire with white rubber shoes squeaking between the floor. It was the doctor.

"Are you his family member?" He asked as he pulled down the mask that covered half of his face that he was wearing. Without thinking twice, he answered. "Yes,"

"Is he alright?" Daniel asked.

Please tell me he survived.

The doctor exhaled. Daniel's heartbeat fastened.

"The operation went smoothly," he said with a pause. "But he's not fully recovering as he had deep cuts on his tummy," he continued. Daniel's heart sunk. "But we managed to remove the shards," he finally said. "So he will recover," Daniel nodded. "We hope the best for you too, stay strong," he said before leaving Daniel alone in the quiet empty hallway.

Strong? I wish i was. But how can you be strong while someone suffer and you can't even do anything about it, how is that strong? I was filled with regrets and pains but i can't do anything except to feel guilty because i caused him to end up like this. I did this to him.

Daniel cleared his throat as he realized that his tears were rolling down. He quickly wiped it off and made his way inside Ong's room. He knew that he couldn't do that but he wanted to see him no matter what. He needed him.

He slowly twisted the doorknob and went inside. That was when his heart broke a little. He was lying there unconscious just like when Daniel saw him in the bathroom. He was pale but just this time, he was breathing when his stomach moved as he inhaled and exhaled. He had tubes on his veins with a bag of blood on the side of his bed.

When Daniel found him in the bathroom, his blood was coming out slowly but in big amount. That was why he needed blood, because he lost too many.

Like i said, it was surreal. Even myself didn't want to believe it.

He took steps closer to Ong and held his tiny pale hands. It was cold.

"Ong, I need you," he whispered.

"I really do miss you,"

*************************
A/N: Hope you enjoyed another chapter leading to the ending. Lets end this together! Have a lovely day :)x