Part 5: F

"Enoch, do you think Emma misses Abe?" Nathalie asked. The boy shrugged while continuing to work on another Homunculi.

"I think so, I heard he got married and kids or something." Enoch said nonchalantly though on the inside, he too misses Abe. They somewhat close and got along pretty well and Enoch would sometimes prefer his company over Milliard or Hugh's or even Horace's. 

"Utter Bull. Abe loves Emma and besides, where did you even hear that?" Nathalie rolled her eyes as she cleaned the dust on some of Enoch's jars, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the sight of the what she called 'Pickled Hearts'.

"I didn't only hear it, I saw it." Enoch arrogantly said as he emphasizes the word 'saw'. Nathalie raised her eyebrows obviously not believing the brown-haired boy. "I don't believe you."

"Really! I saw it! Emma was reading another stupid letter from Abe and I saw a picture of him ans a little girl. I also heard Abe's call with Miss P. "Enoch explained. Nathalie felt sad all of the sudden. "Oh... poor Emma. She must be so heartbroken right now..."

Enoch sighed and carefully examined the small Homuculi he just made before stuffing a bird's heart on its chest. He whispered something to it before leaning back to watch.

The Homuculi jumped out from the table, towards Nathalie holding unto her skirt and started climbing up to her head. It started to pull on her brown locks as if it was a knight and Nathalie was a horse it should tame.

"OW! Enoch! Tell it to stop!" She whined as she thrashed around to get rid of the little things. Enoch laughed as he watched the girl sat on the floor, finally able to flick away the Homuculi and glared at him.

"You're a horrible person." Nathalie grumbled. 

"Shut up, you love me." Enoch stood up and helped her up from the floor. She dusted the dirt off of her skirt and slapped Enoch's chest.

"Unfortunately." She laughed and pecked his cheeks. Enoch frowned and pulled her closer.

"C'mon, you call that a kiss?" He teased. She rolled her eyes and kissed him properly.

"I think i'm going to be sick." Hugh covering his eyes as he interrupted the couple. 

"I can't I just saw that." Milliard said though nobody could really see him since he wasn't wearing clothes. Again.

"What do you boys want? And Milliard, for heaven's sake put some clothes on." Nathalie scolded the boys.

"Why do I have to cover up something that people won't even see?!" Milliard grumbled as he stayed quiet hoping that they would think that he left but Nathalie knew he was still there.

"Now Milliard." She said. Milliard finally went away, grumbling.

"And you? What do you want?" Enoch asked Hugh who was still covering his eyes.

"Miss P. said that dinner is ready." He said and ran out of the room.

----------

Dinner was quite normal. The twins for once wasn't fighting over a piece of turkey leg and ate normally or as normal as two gorgons could be. Claire and Bronwyn chatted animatedly while Olive who was sitting between Nathalie and across Emma, was whining about Hugh not wearing his mask again and letting his bees everywhere.

Enoch and Nathalie ate quietly while Emma looked down. Nathalie noticed and nudged Olive. Olive glared at her but Nathalie just told her quietly to talk to Emma.

Olive started to notice Emma's mood and tried to talk to her.

"Is it true?" Enoch suddenly asked Miss Peregrine. Nathalie tensed and everyone fell silent.

"Is what true Mr. O'Conner?" Miss Peregrine asked. She knew what was Encoh going to ask but still acted oblivious.

"Enoch." Nathalie warned the boy. But he paid no heed and continued to speak

"That Abe is never coming back from the war? That he has a family on his own now? Has he abandoned us?" Enoch pushed. Emma's eyes started to water and unbuckled the straps on her chair and walked away.

"Emma! Dinner time is not yet over." Miss Peregrine scolded sternly.

"I'm really sorry Miss Peregrine but I just.. Can't" Emma said as she choked on her last words and went upstairs. Olive looked at Miss peregrine for permission and when granted, she followed Emma upstairs.  Nathalie kicked Enoch's shin under the table.

"Mr. O'Conner. You should've known how this subject means to Emma and anyone else in this loop. I hope you learn your lesson and never mention this again. " Miss peregrine warned and left the dinner table.

----------

After, they all went outside to watch Miss Peregrine reset the loop. They all wore their masks as Miss Peregrine played the music as she watched her stop watch.

Nathalie moved closer to Enoch and linked their arms together. Even though they get to see it everyday, Nathalie is always amazed at how Miss Peregrine could turn back time to simply. She subconsciously sang the song quietly as they all stared at the sky.

'Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run... Bang, bang, bang, bang goes the farmer's gun...'

She watched closely as the plane drops the bomb only to stop in midair. Miss Peregrine turned back the time when it was the day before.

-----

Hai! I'm not dead XD... I'm sorry for the lack of updates in like a month now? HAHAHA please don't kill me.

So... Uhm.. I'm planning to finish this story as fast as I can and try to finish the one in my other acc. and then finish the harry potter book because that would be longer i guess.

Vote and comment <3