25 | shocks & stupors

Start from the beginning

Before Taehyung could utter a word more, Xavier continued, sneering at him, "Oh, you wouldn't have ever been informed. I forgot. With a dad like that and countless stepmothers, how would you get to possibly know?"

"Xavier, mind your words," Taehyung took a deep breath in, trying to cool himself before he lost himself with all that anger bubbling inside him.

"You wanted to talk about the trade contracts, didn't you? Let's talk about it," Xavier chuckled. "You're obviously going to refuse. Are you sure personal affairs weren't involved?"

Taehyung took a step closer towards Xavier and locked glances with him. Raising his eyebrows, he threw the documents at Xavier lightly. With a light laughter on his tone, he said, "With a trade contract like that, wherein which Rossa would not be benefitted at all, why would I ever agree to that? That's my response. Rossa will not continue any further trade or have any liaison with Androsia. You are allowed to promote tourism however and anything further related to this must be brought forth before my counsel."

Xavier put his hands into his pockets. His body stiffened as he looked at the documents that fell on the floor in the process. He muttered, "Does this look like a joke to you?"

Taehyung glared, "That was exactly what I had wanted to ask you. Does my kingdom look like a joke to you? If you want any sort of help from Rossa for your dying economy, you state it as it is. You are not expected to sham us into believing that we would received the better end."

Xavier looked at Taehyung menacingly. Taehyung raised his eyebrows at the man before him. Taehyung couldn't help but wonder that this was all going way too well at his end. It had almost felt like he was going to be at loss that night.

"If that is all, may I take my leave?" Taehyung asked out of sheer formality. Without waiting for a response, Taehyung turned to walk ahead. However, he was halted metres away as Xavier called out.

"I did not invite you to my kingdom to incur humiliation," Xavier voiced out. Taehyung turned and felt his heart beating quicker. Xavier stood in posture with his gun aimed at Taehyung sharply.

Everything was going too well, Taehyung thought. Of course, an impending doom or danger was awaiting him.

"You don't have to do this, Xavier," Taehyung tried calming the other male. With his hands above instinctively, he looked at Xavier nervously.

"But I have to. You don't understand, Taehyung," Xavier said with a distinct sneer tinging his voice. "You've done nothing but bring me humiliation. Maybe, just maybe, if you were out of the picture, everything would go back to how it was."

Xavier laughed and it almost scared Taehyung. Did he get himself associated with a psychopath? Xavier voiced out again with a certain confirmation in his head, "Yes. Oh god, yes. It was all perfect before you came. So, it has to be perfect when I put you out from the big picture."

"Xavier," Taehyung called out nervously.

"Shut up," Xavier yelled and Taehyung slightly backed away. It left him startled at how even the most powerful ended up weak before a weapon when he was defenceless.

Taehyung tried walking further towards Xavier in hopes of hitting the gun away from him. However, Xavier noticed. Telling at the top of his voice, he held the gun tighter and almost jolted it in the direction of Taehyung.