Chapter 26

Mirielle’s p.o.v.-

Next morning or I could say that afternoon when I woke up I saw a card dangling above me. I got a bit startled by seeing it just above my face. I sat up on the bed and detached it from the thread by which it was hanging from the ceiling. The cover said ‘Happy Birthday’. Oh! I had already forgot that it is my birthday. Mine, Oh yeah. I can’t believe I am eighteen now and not single and inherited my powers. But seriously I can never bear such pain ever again in my life.

Back to the topic, I opened the card and it had a message from Harry saying to come downstairs in the kitchen. Ooh, is there a surprise waiting.

I went down to the kitchen to see Walden eating breakfast with a bored expression. Really, there is no such thing and by the way where the hell is Mr. Harry Styles. The person who invited me is only not-

“BOO!”Somebody screamed in my ear interrupting my thoughts.

“Ah!”I screamed in shock and turned back to see Harry smirking and grinning at me.

“Harry! You fool, scaring me like that!”I clutched my heart for a dramatic effect but it only sent Harry into fits of laughter.

“Happy Birthday Mirielle.”He finally said after stopping his laughter.

“Never ever do that again. Really-“ He cut me off by saying, ”Oh Mirielle, seriously it’s your birthday and you should be happy and this is seriously not the way to start the day.”

“But-“

“No but, just turn around.”I complied and saw that not only Walden but all the lads and Theo were standing with him and instead of scrambled eggs which Walden had been eating initially was replaced with waffles and frittata’s.

“How did you know that frittata is my favourite dish?”I asked in excitement to Harry.

“Ahem, I am here.”Walden said by clearing his throat and beat Harry.

“Okay now let’s celebrate since half of the day is already gone.”Niall said.

“You are just waiting for food.”Liam scolded him.

“But still, there are many things like Harr-“Liam pressed his hand over his mouth and scolded him to keep quiet. But I did not understand a word.

“Happy Birthday Mirielle!”Zayn said and hugged me hard. But what happened next was totally unimaginable. I felt a jolt of electricity through me which sent Zayn aback but since he was a werewolf he held himself to his place.

“What was that!”He said bewildered.

No words came out from my mouth. I was completely bewildered as to what happened just now. Never ever had it happened in my life.

“But when I touched her nothing happened.” Harry was right. When he had come in contact with me nothing happened.

“That’s because you can never harm your mate. And your powers won’t work  on him too.”Walden said.

“Was that my power?”

“Yea. I haven’t seen this power before but I think I need to research a bit.”Walden said.

“But bro how can I hug you or the others?”I questioned.

“You have to control it.”

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on myself I could feel power surging through me but I tried my best to overcome it and finally felt that wave pass.