14

Taehyung stared boredly at his phone as Jimin droned on about the love of his life, Kang Seulgi. He had heard every story about Jimin's significant other, ranging from their first meeting back in high school to their first date. Taehyung even heard about Jimin's first time with Seulgi, and god, that was the time he stopped listening about their romance.

In all honesty, it irritated Taehyung hearing about them two. Of course, the past had a little effect on his idea about the lovebirds, but his current love life was something that also bittered him.

He had been single ever since Jeongguk left him in their first year of college, except for the occasional one night stands and dates Taehyung was often invited to. Never had Taehyung had anyone to actually hold at night or console him. Jealousy it was whenever he listened to Jimin. Jimin was so lucky to have Seulgi, a girl who dreamt of having children with him and sharing their life forever.

Somedays, Taehyung wished Jeongguk had wanted that too.

"I know you don't want to talk about Jeongguk," Jimin said out of the blue, instantly getting Taehyung's attention, "but I sort of knew that he was the reason you left that night at the dinner gathering."

The other looked at Jimin with a raised eyebrow, wondering where Jimin was going with this. "Did he tell you?" Taehyung asked carefully, almost guarded.

"No, I was hoping you could," His friend replied with a sheepish smile. "Tae, I want to support you. I actually support you and Jeongguk a lot."

"I don't love him anymore," He replied, his lips knawing at his bottom lip. "Bullshit," Jimin rolled his eyes, a frown on his plump mouth.

"Tae, you and Jeongguk are perfect — the end game. I wish the best—" Taehyung's brow narrowed, his lips pursing before he interrupted Jimin.

"Are you doing this because of what happened?" The raven-haired boy quickly shook his head. Jimin's face had paled once more whenever this topic was brought up.

"I know you love Jeonggguk, and somewhere, he loves you. Tae, Yeri isn't exactly the best for him," Jimin said softly, his gaze lowering to his hands.

"That's the most selfish thing I've ever heard," Taehyung mumbled. "Jimin, just let it be. Jeongguk doesn't see me in his future."

"You know what," Jimin sighed, "Taehyung, fine. One day you will miss Jeongguk so bad you'll want him back. I know this whole situation changed you into this stone-cold asshole, but Tae, whatever you do I'll support you when you figure out what you want."

Taehyung barely nodded, the look on his face contorted by confusion. Jimin was really desperate to befriend him again, and a part of Taehyung also wanted the raven-haired boy back in his life.

Sighing, though his lips quirked into a smile, "Do whatever you want Jiminie, but once you promise me you got my back, there's no turning away."

( is it just me or is that taekook fits taylor swift music??? )