Chapter 16

{never the adults for raising the youth.}

~~~

"Why are you so late?" Jungkook asked the boy who had just entered the room, having been an hour late to their promised time. "I thought you wouldn't be coming, I was gonna leave. I even message you thrice."

Jimin looked apologetic, "I'm sorry." He continued after ruffling the back of his soft hair, "I was with Taehyung. He said he would come with me to Busan but he changed his mind last minute. I tried asking him why but he wouldn't tell me. Thought he wasn't feeling well, so I decided to check up on him. But he shooed me away saying it was light fever."

Jungkook was mad and worried simultaneously. Mad because Jimin had been with Taehyung when he should've been with him and more worried because Taehyung rarely gets sick.

"Are you going to Busan today?" Jungkook asked after a long while of stable silence. Jimin just nodded to the question and didn't reply.

Jungkook didn't want to mention that he also was from the same town as the other, because then he would be questioned over how he found out and he didn't want anyone to think he was a creep for checking out Jimin's Instagram. Jungkook cleared his throat, "Will you look at my dance today?"

The younger boy almost tripped over the first syllable and stuttered but he controlled his beating heart by digging his fingernails into his skin. He let his fist loose when he found himself hurting and softly rubbed his thumb over the same place to ease the pain.

Jimin blushed but said with a confident smile, "Yeah, I will."

Jungkook just turned around and took steps towards the speaker to play the music, he couldn't bear to look at Jimin's smiling face for any longer since his heart felt like bursting to sacrifice its blood for the older boy.

Jungkook played new songs this time. The first one, Jimin knew as, "Move" by Royal, featuring one of his favorite artists, Changmo. He had never tried dancing over R&B music since they always were hard to choreograph to. But he easily appreciated Jungkook's sharp moves to the beats and the lyrics.

Jungkook enjoyed the music, he loved moving his body to it. It was obvious from the occasional soft proud smiles after his complex dance moves. His movements controlled the beat of the song while his entire body rode the rhythm. Jimin admired how Jungkook made it seem like he owned the song.

The next few songs were more popular songs, "Baby Don't Stop" by NCT U and "EOEO" by UNIQ. Jimin noticed how all the song choices of Jungkook's dances were songs that had a slight sexy feeling to them. Jungkook seemed to enjoy those dances while Jimin had his advantage in moving his body smoothly to music that let him display his talent in modern dance.

When the songs were finished, Jungkook breathed heavily but didn't collapse on the floor. He put all his energy into the dance but he still had to wait for Jimin's comment over it before he fell to the ground.

Just like yesterday, Jimin didn't go straight to the main point and asked the tired boy, "Do you think I'm worthy to be your partner?"

Jungkook was surprised by the question but answered seriously nonetheless, "Yes..." He huffed and still looked down at the floor, in the same position of how his last dance move had ended, "If not you, then no one."

Jungkook had danced before with Hoseok before but their dancing styles were different. Hoseok danced to more upbeat songs, Jungkook was good at them too but he preferred the beat to be slower; slow enough to let him show his sexy and charming side.

Jimin smiled, "Okay then. I'll count on you to choreograph the dance. I seriously suck at them." Jimin let out a laugh. Jungkook's head snapped up at those words and he jumped in the air and pumped a fist, "Yes!"