Chapter 1 - The beginning

I clutched the handle bars as I got ready for the big jump. The volcano. The scariest, highest, most nerve-racking jump on the whole course. No one has ever landed it successfully. But I will. As I prepared myself for the moment that could potentially change my life, I noticed the stream glistening as the aqua-blue water trickled into the lake. Beautiful. The rain leaked from the cloud-filled sky like water from a tap. I clutched the handlebars as I got ready for the big jump. The crowd cheered as their expectations got higher and higher. There was more and more pressure by the second. I knew I would let them down. What were they expecting? A great show?

I clutched the handlebars as I got ready for the big jump. It was actually happening. My mouth was dry and my eyes were watering. The smell of grass filled my nostrils as I took one last deep breath. 3. 2– I heard the dreadful scream of Raya. My blood froze.

I dropped off my bike, seeing a crippled mutation emerge from the ground. It started to step towards Raya, one step at a time. Raya ran towards the skatepark, pushing through the crowd. The 'zombie' got faster and faster until it was almost faster than Raya. Why was it only interested in her? She only had one way to go now. Up. Up the volcano; the scariest, highest most nerve-racking jump on the whole course. It was risky but it was possible. She made a running start, leaping after each stride. Faster and faster and faster until... BANG. She tripped over her shoe laces and went sliding back down again, the zombie slowly eating her alive. Pulling her guts out, one by one. Screams filled my ears as I watched my best friend get torn to shreds, screams from me, screams from Raya and screams from the crowd, all who were either keeping their distance or running away in fear.

The salty waterfall fell down my face as tried to escape while glaring at the zombie. I ran and ran and ran, just like everyone, I didn't even try to help her. I left her to suffer. I left her alone. It should've been me! I started running towards the zombie...

————————————————————
Hi everyone! It's Catlin! Just to let you know, this WILL be the shortest chapter of this story. I hope you enjoy Zombie (I'll probably think of a different name 😂) Well that's all I have to say 😂 Baiii 😂💕