[Chapter Thirty one]

Start from the beginning

“Okay” I mumbled then he did something I really didn't expect, he placed a soft kiss on my cheeks. “Please don't give up” he whispered so faintly I barely herd over the ripples of water.

I took a few deep breaths and slid back down into the freezing cold water. He was with me straight away, his hand accidentally brushing mine as we furiously began to swim forward. I pushed past the aches, strains and pain in my lungs because I had to. Who would of thought you could drown in the safest place like Hogwarts?

Go faster Grace your losing air!

I looked to my side and saw Malfoy pushing forward, his hands skilfully extending forwards to scoop the water behind him. His blonde hair had become like a halo in the dark water. I began swimming harder and hoping it wasn't in vain, there was a sinking feeling in the back of my mind that we were barely past half of the corridor.

The lack of air was becoming a quick tracked problem and the urge to just drift was strong. I stopped and felt myself begin to sink down to the bottom. This was it, I had been through a lot this past few months like being attacked by an insane boy who thought we where in love and this was how I was going to die...by drowning.

I closed my eye's and silently told my parents I loved them. I told Leona and Kris I loved them too and to never forget me.

Malfoy always did things I didn't want him too. He had scooped down to my aid with a time only a life guard could be proud of and angrily pulled me to him, my eye's opened briefly to register this. His hand was on my lower back in a sort of comforting but safety-procedure way.

Through the angry slit of his eye's I could tell I was in deep trouble. His lips where on mine, his tongue parted them and he breathed half of his air into my lungs. I squashed the urge to cough when I felt partly restored. We began to swim again but this time the desperation kicked in and our speed was even faster. Malfoy did weird things to me.

The corridor was coming to a finish but then the terrifying thought of where to go next hit us both. Malfoy signalled upwards and we both darted for it. Once we came through the water we found ourselves nose to ceiling.

“Damn it Wayward” he coughed.

I sucked in as much of the air as I could. It was like a privilege to be breathing it and I couldn't stand the thought of it being wasted.

“I-I'm s-sorry” I mumbled pathetically. I had to be the weakling didn't I? Swimming was never a strong point with me, oh don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but with life and death situations? I was done for.

“Don't apologize to me!” he snapped hotly “Where going back under, just follow me and try not to die!” I could tell he was really angry at me because he refused to look at me. A pang in my stomach told me what a fool I was.

I closed my eye's, took in the last few deep breaths and slinked into the water. I would not miss this feeling one bit...the cold that seeped into your aching muscles was possibly the most aggravating feeling ever. When my eye's opened I didn't bother to take in my dull surroundings instead I followed at Malfoy's side.