𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿

Ayesha

The phase 2...

Bumalik na kami rito sa colosseum and it's still 7 a.m. in the morning. Rave gave me the letter yesterday and I got in, into the top 10, that is. I was happy and confused at the same time that night, kaya napadpad ako sa eskwelahan ng kahariang ito at nakita ulit ang si Alaric.

I hate lying. I feel nauseated when I lie. Especially, that I am slowly attached to that man. I put my palms on my waist and looked down at my feet.

The colosseum is dusty as ever. The cheering crowds are inaudible to my ears.

Nagui-guilty na ako sa pagpapanggap ko.

"Yesha!" Rinig kong tawag sa akin galing sa likod kaya lumingon naman ako. It was an old man showing his fost to cheer me up. "We believe in you!" He cheered and my face beemed!

I showed him my fist and nodded. I'm surprised that some people cheered on me and most of them are older people...

My lips curved into a smile and turned into a grin as I looked at the stage, 10 feet higher than me. Dito kami maglalaban hand on hand.

"GOOD DAY! SPECTATORS!" Bati ni Galactus sa itaas kaya nagsihiyawan naman ang mga spectators sa loob. "Yesterday's Phase was a blast! I don't remember anything after I dozed. That is why I brought ear plugs with me." Sabi nito at napatawa naman sila at napailing naman ako.

They don't know that Siren's song will be heard inside their heads. I just shrugged my shoulders at umupo muna sa maalikabok na lupa na naka indian sit.

Halos wala akong tulog ng dalawang araw.

"Yesha!" Rinig kong tawag saakin galing sa likod at may isang matandang babae na tinawag ako para lumapit sa kaniya kaya tumayo ako at lumapit nito. She was covering her head a checkered red scarf and she was all wrinkly.

I have a soft spot for older people so it made me motivated to protect them at all costs. She gave me a bread and my eyes went wide. "This is the first time in 9 years that I finally baked bread for you." Kahit mahina ang boses niya ay ginawa niya paring magsalita.

I cannot help myself but to tear up as I saw the other older people with her smiling at me. "Don't mind about the people calling you names, Ayesha."

"We know you're a good girl."

"We're here for you, sweetheart."

I ate the bread as my tears fell down my cheeks. I can't believe I forgot these people who they are! Bakit ko ba nakakalimotan ang mga mababait na mga taong 'to?!

They started chuckling while tearing up as they looked at me eating the delicious bread while crying.

"Little Ayesha never changed!"

"Still crying when eating Carmen's baked bread!"

They started laughing so do I while stuffing my mouth with this delicious bread.

What a wonderful people...

"Today's second Phase will be the Bird Cage!" Anunsiyo ni Galactus sa itaas habang kumakain ako ng tinapay. "The participants will be fighting all their might inside the bird cage! They can unleash their most powerful skills that they have without hitting the spectators!" I burped so I covered my mouth with my palm.

"After the Phase 1, the death basin, 10 participants successfully climbed up the Second Phase!" Ilang phases ba ito?

"Do want to have some more, Yesha?" Tanong ng matanda sa akin at ningitian ko ito. "Okay na po, sobrang busog ko na po. Mamaya, bibisita ho ako sa inyo."

"All right, goodluck!" They cheered on me again and I cheered with them, made us laugh. 

ALARIC

I can't help myself but to chuckle while looking at Ayesha and the older people, cheering with her. I just used my ability to eavesdrop their conversation and she's amusing, she's surprisingly cheerful and funny.

"You're highness, you seemed to be laughing by yourself, anong nakakatawa po ba?" Biglang tanong ni Zage sa tabi ko. My expression automatically went back to how I look and gave him a dead pan look. 

I hate not having my own privacy. These guardians are like dogs that keeps following and sniffing me all around, wagging their tails.

"Zage, don't ask such questions to his highness. Seriously, you're such a pain in the ass." Benetha hissed while massaging her temple.

"It's fine. I don't feel like laughing anymore. I just remembered something funny and amusing so I laughed." I said and Zage gave me his stupid "Oh!" look.

I turned my gaze to Galactus while crossing my arms, trying to get serious spectating the final phase. This second phase is already the final phase of this selection so, it will finish immediately, judging by the low representatives who passed the first phase.

"This will be the last phase of the event! After this phase, we will be having a great banquet for the newly chosen water elemental guardian!"

Biglang tumindig ang mga balahibo ko galing sa batok ko kaya agad naman akong lumingon kung saan galing ang nakakakilabot na presensiyang iyon!

I was too damn late when I saw Ayesha's palm pierced with a black sharp blade!

Sumabog kung saan galing si Ayesha and the people inside the colosseum were shouting and screaming that lead to panic!

"Zage! Secure the people! Ember! Help out Ayesha! Black knights! Escort the majesties to the safest place!" Mabilis na utos ni Benetha so we did our part. Zage summoned his fire clones and calm the people down to avoid stampede. 

What the hell is going on here?!

"What the hell is this thing?!" Sigaw ni Ayesha sa kamay nitong nakapako sa napakahabang black blade, trying to get it off on her palm. Her palm is pierced through!

I landed safely in front of her. "E-Ember!"

I looked at the blade and noticed it doesn't made with iron or so...

It's made of black crystal. The darkest crystal in the world...

"Have you seen the person who did this to you?" I asked her and noticed her breathing became uneven.

"Over there, floating. And I guess she's going to release another blow at me soon." She said so I punched the crystal to stop her from being poisoned.

I noticed Ayesha manipulated her blood from her hand and removed the blood that has poison on it. I'm impressed.

"So..." Tumayo si Ayesha habang pinunit ang suot nitong pulang damit so her tummy was exposed. I looked away just to hide the fact that I haven't seen a woman's body and respected them.

But why am I turning red?

"Who the hell is that?" Ayesha hissed while covering her wound tightly, wrapping the cloth around her palm.

"I don't know." I sniffed the smell out of the intruder and she smelled so bad! Like a rotten corpse!

"But I know for sure, she's one of them." I said at humigop ng maraming preskong hangin. That was disgusting!

"One of them?" Tanong ni Ayesha and I glared at the little girl on top of the wall around the colosseum.

"A Geothemian." I said and the little girl made a huge grin as she tried to summon a sharp and long black crystal arrow out of her pulse.

"Ayesha Luna, you are my target." The little girl said as she pointed her arrow at her. Naramdaman ko ang presensiya ni Ayesha sa tabi ko na buminigat kaya lumingon ako nito and she was grinning like a crazy woman.

"Bring it on, hit man."