Another Baby???

When Clary and Jace and Livvy portaled back from Idris after a mostly enjoyable visit, Jocelyn and Luke were waiting at the Institute for them. 

"What are you doing here?" Clary asked, hugging first her mom, then Luke.

"We've got some news," Jocelyn said, taking Livvy from Clary without a word and smiling down at her granddaughter. "It's going to come as a shock. It was a shock to us as well."

"Okaaay." Clary prompted. Jace stood next to her, listening.

"I'm pregnant," Jocelyn said. 

"You're WHAT?" Clary nearly screamed.

"I know, I know." Jocelyn calmed her daughter. "I didn't think it was...possible anymore."

Clary had long ago got over the fact that her mum had sex with Luke, but this... Her mum was in nearly in her fifties. 

"Congratulations, Jocelyn," Jace said to his mother in law. "It's a surprise, but a welcome one." Jace was ever the picture of politeness around Clary's mom.

Indeed, Jocelyn and Luke had been wanting a baby, but they thought hope had been lost.

"Okay. Calm down, Clary." Clary breathed to herself. "You'll have a sister. Livvy will have an aunt. Who is younger than her. A playmate. This is good."

"Congratulations, Mom." Clary managed. Jocelyn beamed, enveloping Clary in a hug.

Squashed between them, Livvy began to cry.

If you're bored waiting for me to slowly update this fanfiction go check out @Dauntlessfang1rl and her Malec fanfic Wedding Bells.