Smile For The Camera

Alec had finally been chosen as Godfather, after Jace made an oath to the Angel that if they had another baby, Simon would be Godfather. Now, Jace wanted to go and visit Idris, but Clary insisted that Livia get a passport first, even if she didn't have to use it.
"Really?" Complained Jace.

"YES!" Clary insisted. "What if we want to go to Europe while we are there." 

"Clarissa Fairchild. You can make Portals."

"I'm your wife. That would be Clarissa Herondale!"

"Then why is our baby a Fairchild?"

"Because I always win!"

"I know! It's because I love you more!"

"Prove it!"

"Oh, really? Is that what you want?"

"Why are you arguing?" Izzy entered the room.

"Clary wants Livvy to get a passport, but there's no point," Jace complained.

"Yes, there is!" Izzy replied. Calry smirked at Jace. "Even if you never use it, a baby's first passport is important. Something to take out and look at when Livvy leaves home."

"See? I always win." Clary told Jace.

"Wait, so she can't smile?"Jace asked incredulously.

"No, I'm afraid not, sir." The man holding the camera replied.

"But she's friendly. She can't help it." Clary put in.

"Don't worry. I'll take lots of photos, and you can pick out your favourite in which she isn't smiling."

"Okaaay. Sure." Clary sighed and sat down on a chair. Jace was holding Livia against his chest for the photo because his t-shirt was white and he didn't have boobs, so he made a better background.

Ah well, Clary could be in whatever the next photo Livvy took was.

Oh. My. God. They had to have a family photo shoot. Clary wasn't normally a "Selfie!" kind of person, but Livvy made her gooey inside and she wanted to remember these early years for as long as she could.