Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                “Here” Halle hands me another plate and I let out a deep breath before I grab it from her. She gives me a retreating guilty smile and goes back to stand on the wall next to the room where her “guy” resides.  I scrub the plate in my hand with extensive force, gritting my teeth together. I dry it, put it away and go to sit on the corner of Jamie’s desk. This is the second full day we’ve been here and everyone just finished breakfast. Most of the men were in another room talking in privet but Chris and Jamie are out here to keep watch of all of us. Since Halle, Lena, and Kylie’s guys were in a meeting of some sort they are leaning against the wall of the room where they went and are ever so softly chatting.  

“Couch now!” Chris commands us. We all squeeze onto the couch and wait for Chris to come over. He is texting on his phone and ever so slowly strolling towards us.

“Yesterday was basic. Where to sit and stand. Today you will work on posture and motions of respect.” Chris finally looks up from his phone and stands in front of the coffee table that sits in front the couch.

 None of us talk as planned.  Last night we decided to not talk to them unless forced and continue with doing everything without hesitation. Lena thinks that if we are always obedient then they will be less strict and watchful. Halle thinks that we must make it out of here before we are shipped to the gang Chris talked about. So for now we are being “Good girls”.

“When you are given a command, you nod and stand up quickly and gracefully. When you are dismissed for the day you will meet in the middle of the room and walk to your room single file.” Chris cocks his head to the side and abruptly yells “Understood!”  I jump in shock and see Chris smirking. 

                “Yes” Halle murmurs. 

                “Understood” Lena says through clenched teeth. Kylie and I just nod our heads. Jamie stops typing and swivels his chair to face us.  

                “Shadow, are you done I need you.” Jamie asks me with a sweet smile.  (Gag me with a spoon) Chris turns around to look at Jamie and then looks back at me.  I look up at Chris and take a deep breath before asking in the sweetest voice I could muster.

                “Am I excused” I ask. Chris smiles proudly at me. “Yes you may be excused. Your first priority is always your assigned man.” I squeeze Kyle’s hand discreetly before I stand up and walk over to Jamie. 
                 “Babe I need my room organized and cleaned.” Jamie pushes his chair back and starts walking down the hall toward the rooms. I begin to follow him until a bolt of electricity runs through me.  I give a yelp of pain and pull at my collar. 

                “Stop!” Kylie jumps to her feet and yells at Chris. Chris turns from my shaking figure.

                “Tisk, tisk. Don’t ever interrupt another shadows training.” Chris smirks and points his remote at Kylie and with a push of a button she falls back to the couch and tries to pull her collar away from her throat. The pain has receded and I look at Chris with wide eyes.