Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I rub my wrist and wrap a blanket around my shoulders. I look at the girls just sitting there and I immediately stand up. I walk to the door and listen for noise. I hear a TV and some quiet conversations going on but I can make out what is being said. I walk to around and lift blankets and pillows, exploring every spot of the room. I then proceed to knock quietly on one of the walls.

                “What are you doing?” a quiet voice asks.  I turn around and look at the blond who spoke. All of the girls were looking at me strangely waiting for my answer.

“I’m looking for any way to get out of here. If any of these walls are thin enough I will break it down to get out.” I respond in a furious voice as I finish checking the last wall.  All of them are strong enough that a 17 year old week girl like me has no chance of breaking it down. I fall to my knees and let out a sob. The red head from the bathroom stands up and walks over to me. She slowly kneels down and wraps me in a hug.  I pull my arms around her and weep into her shoulder and I feel her crying too. We both pull back and stare into each other’s eyes and wipe away our tears. I leaned back and smiled shyly at her.

“Hi, I’m Nelly Murray.” I reach my hand and shake hers.

“I’m Kylie, Kylie Wells.” I smile at her and look at the two other girls who had been watching our exchange with tears streaming down their faces.

“I’m Lena Carson” The girl with black hair replies with a timid smile.  I smile right back at her. If I’m going to be stuck in hell, I’m going to make some friends while I’m waiting. 

“I’m Halle Dodge.” The blond gives each of a smile in return as she dries her eyes with the side of her hand. I grab kylies hand and pull her over to where Lena and Halle are.

“We will be in this together alright, we are a team.” Lena sniffles to stop her crying. I reach out and grab her hand just as Halle does. Halle grabs Kylie’s right hand and I grab her left.  We all nod, not once have we stopped crying. When I finally gain control I look up and look at each of them seriously.

“We are not going down without a fight. Don’t let yourself get hurt, do as they say but never...” I choke up a little but continue “Give up. Show your control with your eyes, never let them see you weak, don’t surrender. When and only when the time is perfect we will all get out of here.”  They look impressed and squeeze my hand.

“Whaaat if” Halle chokes “What if they trr… try to rape us.”  We all have been thinking it but I won’t let myself dwell on it. 

“We will make it through it.” Lena says through her teeth. “Don’t EVER surrender; if we go out, we go out strong.” She growls. I Look Lena straight in the eye and nod. I sit there and stare off into space thinking. No one says anything; we just listen to the sound of others in the house.

“Want to start the day out by praying?” Kylie asks. I nod fast, what we need the most right now is prayer.

“I will.” Halle bows her head and we all do the same.  “Dear heavenly father, please forgive us all for our sins and unfaithfulness. Help us through this hard time in our life’s and please be with us all. Amen” We all murmur “Amen” and release hands.  Halle smiles at all of us and leans back to bring her knees to her chin.  

“How old are all of you?” Kylie asks bringing me out of my trance.

“I’m seventeen” Halle says 

“Seventeen” I reply

“Eighteen” Lena replies last.

“I’m seventeen but will be eighteen in two weeks” Kylie grabs a lock of her hair and pulls at a curl. Then we hear the door being unlocked and the knob turns and two men pile in. One of them is carrying a bag and the other has four drinks.