Chapter 10

Toni stared at herself in the mirror. School had started and it was the first day. Toni had changed her outfit about a dozen times until she settled on a pair of blue jeans with rips in them, white tank top, and black beanie.

She felt like she was forgetting something. "Flannel!" She said to herself. The sunlight of the early morning powered through her window. Toni had a vinyl playing on her record player. It was Caring is Creepy by The Shins.

Playing music on days like this calmed her. She closed her eyes as she listened to the song. It made her think of Cheryl. Oh Cheryl. How her feelings for her had grown. Pushing her thoughts aside, she took a deep breath before looking at herself once more.

*************
A half hour later, she heard the sound of a car horn beeping outside her window. She ran over looking to see that it was Kevin. "Beep Beep bitch! Get in!" He shouted, from the sun roof. Toni couldn't help but laugh before she gave him a wave and headed outside.

When she climbed in, she saw Midge in the front seat. "Hey girl, you ready for the first day?" Midge asked. "Maybe...." Toni said hesitantly. To be honest she was nervous as hell. She wasn't sure how the people at school were going to treat her. Word already got around town that she was a Southsider.

"You're signing up for the squad." Midge declared. "No. I'm not." Toni replied rolling her eyes. Midge had been begging her too all summer. "Yes, you are." Midge laughed. "I don't think so Ms. Klump." Toni teased.

At that moment Kevin was about to pull off when the sound of a blasting stereo and a red convertible stopped them. "GOD DAMN IT!" Kevin shouted. Cheryl. Toni's heart rate sped up. She looked over seeing Cheryl in the car wearing her signature sun glasses and her hair hanging majestically passed her shoulders. Hollywood by Marina and the Diamonds sounded from her radio.

"Kevin, Midge, and if it isn't....Queen of the Buskers. Move out of my way." Cheryl replied rudely. Toni couldn't focus on her words. She only focus on the girl's lips and how much she wanted to kiss them. "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face Bombshell?" Toni winked.

Cheryl lowered her glasses looking disgusted. "As if!" She said before speeding away. Toni chuckled to herself. She was sure this girl was going to be the death of her. "Let's get the hell out of here." Kevin said before turning on the radio. We Don't Believe What's on Tv by 21 Pilots blasted through the speakers as they sped off.

*****************
They pulled into the busy school parking lot. Expensive cars and students that looked like they belonged in an early 2000s teen drama film populated the parking lot. In one area sat a grungy looking group of people passing a joint around in a van. On another side were the river vixens laughing and gossiping about something unheard. Everyone seemed to stare at Toni as she hopped out of Kevin's car.

When she got inside she strutted through the hallway alongside Midge and Kevin. Everyone stared at them as they made their way passed everyone. Toni felt uncomfortable with all of the states she was getting but she didn't show that.

"Alright. First things first. It's your first day, so you have to join a club or a sport. We have Graphic design, photography, year book, mathletes, girls soccer, soft ball—" "cheeerleading!" Midge butted in interrupting Kevin and raising her eyebrows suggestively at Toni.

"Guys, I don't want to join a club. Besides it's only my first day. I love photography, but I prefer it to be a solo thing." Toni said. "Suit yourself."  Kevin said holding up his hands.

"Oh my gawd. What the hell do you think you're doing?" A voice called causing them all to look in the direction of the voice. Within seconds everyone had made a pathway in the hallway. Toni saw Cheryl descending upon the stairs. She was able to get a better look at her outfit now.

Her heart rate sped up. Cheryl wore a short red dress that hugged her in all the right places. It was paired with thigh high boots. "Excuse me?" Toni asked when she noticed Cheryl was looking at her. She must have been talking to her. "You're excused. What is someone like you doing in my school?" She hissed.

Toni bit her tongue, trying to hold back from saying something she'd regret. The Girl was t making it easy. "Are we going to have a problem?" Toni asked stepping closer to her. "I don't know, are we?" Cheryl replied stepping even closer until their noses were practically touching. Everyone watched in anticipation. Kevin had his phone out recording. "WOOOORLD STAAAAR!" Someone shouted in the background.

Toni could smell the girl's perfume. Vanilla. The smell that always drove her insane. Right now her palms were getting sweaty and her heart felt as though it were going to beat out of her chest. Cheryl glared harshly at her. "Listen, I don't want any problems." Toni started.

"Oh there won't be. So long as you go back to the Southside, where you belong." Cheryl said smiling. God she was a bitch. Toni clenched her fists. Cheryl noticed this. "What are you going to do? Pun—" Before she could even finish, Toni grabbed the girl, pulling her in for a kiss.

Cheryl smiled kissing back. Everyone in the hallway gasped in shock. Cheryl placed her arms around Toni's neck at the same time as Toni slid hers around Cheryl's waist. Kevin and Midge looked at the two strangely.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Midge asked confused. Kevin looked as though he had suddenly realized something. His eyes grew wide. "Seriously, you guys? Role play in school?" The others watching expressed concern and continued to talk as the two kissed.

Cheryl lifted up her leg wrapping it around Toni's waist. Toni boosted her up until both legs were wrapped around her waist. Cheryl's tongue begged for entry and Toni let her in. Their tongue's fought for dominance until Toni let Cheryl win.

Cheryl moaned into the kiss, pulling away and getting back on her feet. The two gazed into each other's eyes lustfully. Cheryl pulled away. "Just kidding! She's my girlfriend. Now shoo bitches!" Cheryl said as everyone began to scatter.

Toni laughed shaking her head. "Do you always have to make a show out of everything babe?" Cheryl seemed almost offended by her question. "T.T, I'm offended. By now you should know my coming out should be something to be seen and celebrated." Cheryl replied.

"You're so extra babe." Toni said, pulling the girl close to her. "I know." Cheryl replied flipping her hair and leaning in for another kiss. Toni loved kissing Cheryl. The girl tasted like cherries. "I love you." Cheryl whispered against her lips. This warmed Toni's heart. "I love you too princess." Toni replied.