Chapter 14

*After School*

Thank God the day is over. I just have so much on my mind today. I've been thinking about what Justin said today and it's really bothering me. I hate the fact that I've been hiding things from YN, but I still had no intentions of telling her anything. I couldn't. I'm not ready. I'm afraid of the outcome. I've done some messed up shit in the past that I honestly regret, but that was then & this is now. I've moved on. I know the victim probably hasn't. I mean, how can she? How can anyone get over something so drastic like what I did to her? I hate myself for doing what I did, but I couldn't keep beating myself up for it.

I leaned against my car waiting for YN to come out of the building. I left her with Jasmine. I usually wait for her, but I just needed to step outside for a while. I was so zoned out that I didn't even notice that YN approached me. "Hey," she said snapping her fingers. "Snap out of it." She was laughing, but I remained serious. She eventually stopped laughing when she realized I wasn't laughing along "What's up with you today. You've been walking around looking all upset since...before lunch. Why? What's wrong," she asked before stepping closer and wrapping her arms around my neck. I kept my hands on her waist and just stared into her eyes...her beautiful eyes. She gently kissed my lips before looking at me again. "What's bothering you?" After clearing my throat, I finally spoke. "Um, nothing. I just...nothing. You ready to go?" I gently moved her to the side, raised up off the car, and opened the door for her, but she didn't get in. "Daniel..." I didn't look at her so she stepped in front of me. "What's wrong? Please talk to me." Just then Russy came over. "Wassup y'all? Ready to go?" I looked at him and replied. "Yeah." Then looked back at YN. "Let's go." "So you're not gonna tell me," she asked. I sighed then spoke again. "Let's just go, YN." She shook her head then got in the car. After we all got in, we headed straight home.

*Home*

I shut the car off and just sat there thinking. YN noticed. "Um, Russ, why don't you just go on in. I need to talk to your brother for a minute." He looked up from his phone, to me & YN. "...oookay." He got his bag, got out of the car, then went into the house. After watching him go in, YN turned to me. "What's up," she asked. I looked over to her, then looked away. "Nothing, YN." "Daniel, don't tell-" she let out a big deep sigh. "Daniel, I know something's-" "look, I don't wanna talk about it okay? Just drop it." I got my stuff & got out the car. I wish she would just let this go but I know she won't. I don't know what I'm gonna say to the next time she asks me.

*YN's P.O.V*
"Daniel, I know something's-" "look, I don't wanna talk about it okay? Just drop it." After saying that, he took his bag & got out the car. I sat there watching him as he walked around the car and got in the house. "Did he just...did he really...no he didn't just walk out and slam the door while I was talking to him." You had to take a moment and think about what just happened, then take deep breaths & count from one to ten then from ten to one. After doing all that, you went in the house and went straight upstairs. Daniel was downstairs sitting on the couch just looking like it was him against the world. You wanted to stop and just sit beside him but after what he just did, you needed a minute to breathe. "Just breathe, YN, just breathe." After those few seconds of calming down, you went back downstairs. You found him in the kitchen. "I'm out to shoot some hoops with Jerome! Be back later," Russy announced. "Later, Rus," you yelled back before looking at Daniel. He just sat there not even looking at you. "I hate seeing you like this," you said to him. He still didn't look at you. He didn't do a thing. "Daniel, talk to me. Let me help." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I don't wanna talk about it, YN." Now, you were the one who sighed. You seriously hated seeing him like this. You wanted to help but he wouldn't even give you the chance. He was shutting you out and you hated it. "Is it something that I did," you questioned yourself. "I didn't do anything though. Well, not that I know of. Did I do something?" When you looked up at him again, you saw that he was getting up and about to walk out on you again. "Dan, wait..." He sighed heavily, but stopped. He didn't even turn to face you. You watched as he dragged his hands along his face. You hesitated, but asked your question anyway. "Is it me? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I promise it wasn't intentional. I don't even know what I di-" "it wasn't you." He turned and finally looked at you. "You did nothing wrong. This isn't about you." You were relieved to hear that he wasn't mad at you but you still wanted to know what was wrong & why he was keeping it. "So what is it? Just tell-" "YN, that's enough questions alright? This conversation is over. I don't wanna talk about it right now. I wish you'd just drop it." He was walking out when you said something that made him stop. "Is it Justin? I saw you two talking. Is it him?" He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Just drop it." He then walked away. "Fine. Don't tell me," you mumbled to yourself. "I'll find out what's going on myself." You got my your car keys and left.

*Justin's house*
Justin pulled up to his house the same time as you did. You got out the car and walked right over to him. "Justin." He turned around and smiled when he saw you. "YN, hey. I'm happy to see yo-" "listen, I don't have time for that. I came over here to find out what you said to Daniel today." He chuckled. "Isn't that something you should be talking about with your boyfriend? I mean, he tells you everything right? Well, obviously not if you have to come over here to find out what our conversation was about." He had this smile on his face and you didn't like it not one bit. "Justin, don't play with-" you stopped mid sentence when you saw a girl get out of the back of Justin's car. When she turned around you noticed she was carrying a baby in her arms. "Oh, I'm sorry Cam, lemme help you." Justin rushed over there and took the bags. When she saw you, she just smiled, politely said hello, then kept walking. He opened his door and let her in. "YN, you're welcome to come in." You hesitated, but then went in. "Camille, this is YN. YN, this is Camille." You said your hellos, then Justin spoke again. "YN, I'm actually happy you're here. You came for answers and that's exactly what I'm about to give you. Today your boyfriend & I were talking about some...skeletons in his closet, I guess you could say. Camille, I'm happy you're here too." You looked at her, & she looked at him with confusion. "What do I have to do with this?" "Why don't you tell YN who the father of that baby girl is," he said. She better not say what I think she's about to say. She better not say "...Daniel." No! No! No no no no! "What?!" They looked at you & you stared at the baby thinking. That baby can't be more than a year old. Next month will make a year that you and Daniel have been going out. No, this can't be. "YN, you're dating a-" "wait! You're dating Daniel?!" You couldn't answer right away. You needed a moment to just rethink life. You had a seat next to Justin in the couch across from Camille. You just couldn't take your eyes off that little girl. "Um...I don't know if I'm still with Daniel. How old is your baby?" "11 months. Next month is gonna make a year," she replied. You couldn't even sit anymore. After a gasp, you got up and covered your face as you started pacing. "No. No no no. That can't...she can't be elev...no. He has a daugh- no." "Well you can't even be mad at him. Not that I'm defending him. I have my reasons why I'm upset with him, but you really can't be. It's not like he hid this from you because he doesn't even know. & that's how I'd like to keep it." You were already mad though. "No see Daniel and I have been dating for 11 months now. If your baby is 11 months then that means he slept with you when we first started going out." No one said anything for a minute. Then Justin spoke. "That's not all. YN, your with a conman," he said. "What are you talking about?" Camille spoke again. "Um, YN, when I was with Daniel, I thought he really loved me as much as I loved him. Turns out he didn't love me at all. He was the type that always needed money. Yeah, he made some when he was dealing drugs but-" "he-he was dealing drugs too? Did he ever do drugs?" She nodded yes. He told you no but he was drugged that time you asked him about it. "Oh my gosh." "Anyway, that wasn't enough. I thought maybe I could change him. I did. Well, I thought I did. Long story short, he was with me for the money and after leaving him, I found out that I wasn't the only girl he's used. I wasn't the only girl he was with either. I also found out that I was pregnant with Samantha. Being in the gang messed him up. So did the drugs." "But he left them." She looked up at me. "That's what he told me when I told him the first time that I was gonna leave him because I wanted nothing to do with that." Then you started thinking about that night at the warehouse & that time he told you how he tried to leave the gang once. Was she the reason? You didn't know what to believe. Just then you got a text. When you checked your phone, you saw a text from Daniel. "Husband💗: Baby, where are you?" You didn't respond. You didn't know what to do or say right now. "You okay, YN?" "No, Justin. No I'm not okay." You sat back down and had your face in your hands. You all just sat there in silence. After 5 minutes, your phone rang. It was Daniel. You didn't pick up.

*10 minutes later*
Justin's doorbell started ringing and all your heads turned in the direction of his door. He went to go see who it was. When he did, he said it was Daniel. "YN, can you help me bring these things upstairs please," Camille asked. You looked at her and noticed she was getting ready to go upstairs to hide her baby. You didn't move. "He deserves to know," you said. "& he will when the time is right but for right now, I don't want him to know yet YN, please." After debating with yourself on whether or not you should help her, you decided to do it. "You promise you'll tell him about her?" "I promise." You took the baby stuff and brought them upstairs with her. While you were up there, you heard Daniel yelling at Jason. "I know she's here! Where the hell is she?!" "You better get down there before he comes up here," Camille said. She's right. You went back down and just stood at the last step staring at him staring at you. Now he didn't look upset. He looked worried. "Hello Daniel." "Why haven't you been answering your phone, YN?" You scoffed. "Why haven't you been honest with me, Daniel?" He went silent.