Chapter 12: Promise Me

@ least 8 comments. ACTUAL feedback. NOT just "update."

You sat there thinking about what Ernesto said when Diggy came out of the bathroom. You know you're gonna talk to him about it, but you just didn't want to ruin what's so far a perfect day. It wasn't the right time. You had a perfect night and a wonderful morning until Ernesto, the guy that wants you and Diggy to break up, called telling you all this. You didn't notice that Diggy was even talking to you until you heard him say "hellooo." Then you looked up at him. He had a towel wrapped around him but his body looked amazing, like always. As you watched the water run down his abs, a smile crept on your face. That made him smile too. "You see something you like," he asked walking closer to you. You shook your head. "No. I see something- someone, that I love." He sat beside you and kissed you. "I love you too. So where'd you go just now? You were zoned out when I was talking to you," he asked. "Oh, I was just thinking," "about?" "...everything...mostly us."

*Diggy's P.O.V*

When I got out of the shower, I was talking to YN but she wasn't answering me. I don't even think she heard me. Now I'm tryna figure out what's on her mind and what made her zone out like that. "Oh, I was just thinking," she said. Well that parts obvious but about what? "About?" She seemed hesitant. "Everything...us..." she said. "Okay. What about us?" "Well...you know I trust you 100%. & you know you can trust me 100% too right?" I nodded. "Yeah." "Okay, well..." She paused. "Baby, talk to me. You know you can tell me anything." She took a deep breath and spoke again. "I just got a phone call...from...Ernesto." "Ernesto? He has your number? How'd he get your number?" She shrugged. "I don't know. He said some stuff - I'm not saying I believe him. I just want you to know, but I don't want you getting upset." "Just tell me." She sighed and finally told me what his lying ass said. "Okay. I saw him in the hall after that fight and I threatened him again. He knows I was in a gang, but he didn't know that I got out. So I used that to threaten him. That's another reason why I had the knife in my bag." She remained silent, but she nodded. "Now about the side chick thing, I remember hugging Jasmine that day. She was telling me how worried you were about me. She also was thanking me for being the boyfriend you deserve." I moved her hair out her face and kissed her cheek. "And for always being here for you through everything. Then I thanked her for the things she said to me and for being such a great friend to you. That's it. That's all that happened. I promise." YN looked up at me after I said that. "You don't need to
'promise' anything. I never believed him. I believe you. I just wanted you to know." I nodded. "Okay, so we good?" She smiled and replied "we're great." She kissed me, then headed to the bathroom. It's funny that people try so hard to break us up. I won't let that happen though. It can't happen. I love YN too much to lose her. I think I might need to handle this Ernesto situation though. I'll handle it later, but for now, today is all about YN.

*later that night*

After spending a day out shopping with my lady and taking her out to eat, we finally made it back home. "Wassup Russ?" Russy was sitting in the couch watching TV when we walked in. By seeing that there were two glasses on the table, I know he wasn't here alone. The weird thing is, one of them had lipstick on it. "Oh, hey Digg, hey YN," he had this smile on his face that made me get a bit suspicious. YN looked at me with her eyebrows raised and smiled. "So Russ, who's the girl," she asked. "Girl? What girl," he asked still smiling. "Umm the girl that was, or possibly is still here," she asked. "There's no girl here," he said. "But there was one here," I added. "What makes you guys think that there was a girl here," "Russy, c'mon there's lipstick on that glass," YN said pointing to the glass on the table. "Okay, you got me. There was a -" just then, the mystery lady came downstairs. "Okay I'm all dres- oh, hello," she said smiling at me and YN. Russy got up. "Um, Ally, this is-" "I know. That's your brother, Daniel. And the pretty girl next to him is his girlfriend, YN. I'm Ally." She walked over to Russy and when he put his arm around her, she smiled. "Um, hey," I said. "Hey, Ally," YN said smiling. "I see you around sometimes at school. You're cute together," she said to us. YN and I looked at each other and smiled. I held on to her hand that I've been holding ever since we got out of the car, a little tighter. We are cute together. We just complete each other. "Thanks," we replied still smiling at each other. "Well um, I gotta go. My mom's been blowing up my phone. I'll call you later," she said hugging Russy. "Okay," he replied. She pulled away, ending the hug, then kissed him. I looked at YN and she just smiled at me. My bro's got a girl. Well alriiiight. After their kiss, she smiled at him, then at me and YN, said her goodbyes, and left. "Well damn Russ," YN said smiling. "I know. She's bad," he replied laughing. "My lil bro's got a girl? Whaaat? That's wassup!" I walked over to him and dapped him.

"So um, did you...do...what I think you did," I asked. "Well we didn't do what you don't think we did," he replied. It took me a few seconds to think about what he just said. I was seriously thinking about it. "We didn't just...chill," he said noticing me tryna figure that out. I couldn't help but laugh at my slow moment. I went back to YN and took her hand. "Catch you later bro." With that, I took the bags and YN's hand and we headed upstairs.

*In Our Room*

"Well she seems nice," YN said as she sat on the bed. "Yeah. As long as he's happy and she's not tryna play him, I'm good," I began taking off my clothes to get comfortable when I heard YN call me. "Daniel?" "Mhm?" I turned around to face her. She went from smiling to being extremely serious. I pulled my boxers up and went to sit beside her. "Is something wrong?" "I-I just..." She sighed. "I know you don't always listen to me when I ask you not to attack someone, but Dan, please, please don't go after Ernesto. I'm begging you not to. Please." I thought about how I planned on confronting him, then I thought about what she just asked me not to do. She gently turned my head so that I was looking into her eyes. "Please promise me that you won't do anything crazy. Don't even bother talking to him because he might say something to get you pissed off and we both know how you can get when you're furious. Please?" I looked down, sighed, then looked back at her. I nodded. "Okay." "Promise me, Daniel." "I promise, YN. I won't do or say any-" "Daniel, I'm serious." *he sighs* "Fine. I won't do or say anything to him. I promise." She smiled. "Thank you." I just nodded. She spoke again. "Now seal it with a kiss." I looked up at her again. Seeing her smile made me smile. I love this girl with everything in me. "Gladly." I leaned in & passionately kissed her. I really hope I can keep this promise. Lord, give me the patience b/c if you give me strength, I might just knock a mf out.