"What did he say?" Now it was Leo's turn to feel tense at what she was about to say.

Evelyn opened her mouth but no words came out. Closing her lips, her eyes now fully filled. "Will Turner doesn't love me." She said normally then looked down at her lap where her hand were lazily placed.

Leo felt his jaw clenched at her words. "That is a hoax! I don't believe it," he shook his head while he spoke. "I remember seeing the way he looked and talked to you. He may not know it yet but he is in love with you." Reachinng out, her placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face to look into his eyes.

Evelyn looked at him with teary eyes, blinking them away. "How can you know?"

"I just do, Evelyn." He paused, nervously gripping his hands. "There's something else I want to tell you." His voice growing much softer and quieter this time.

"Can it please wait?" Evelyn plead through her whisper. Turning her head, she faced forward and looked back down at her lap, avoiding his stare.

"No, I can't I've waited long enough." He said staring at her with sad eyes. Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion but he couldn't see. "Evelyn," he glanced down at his lap and then shyly at her. "I'm in love with you." Evelyn snapped her neck to the side. She stared at him with wide eyed in shock at the words that came out of his mouth. Leo dropped down to his knees on the floor in front of Evelyn knees. He reached out and cupped her face. "I know that I'm not the man you want to marry, but I promise, I will love and care for you for the rest of my life." Evelyn felt like bursting into tears at the way Leo looked and spoke to her. "If you have me, I vow that I will fix your broken heart and never break it." He paused, hesitating is next words. "I hope that maybe one day...you might return your feelings."

Evelyn melted into his touch, holding the back of his hands and wrists. "You will?" She asked softly.

"Of course I will." Leo breathed out, smiling as he looked deeply into her emerald eyes.

"I need time to heal." Evelyn said giving a little smile. "I don't know how long it will take but I will eventually."

He tilted his head as he studied her beautiful face. "You're a strong girl, I know you will. I will be by your side along the way." Leo said rubbing her pink cheek with his thumb. Evelyn felt her cheeks warm up even more. She removed his hands and leaned forward to wrap her arms around his neck tightly, burying her face against his shoulder. Leo, melting at her action, wrapped his arm around her waist, holding her back as he returned the hug.

Evelyn lifted her head from his shoulder and pressed her cheek against his. "Thank you, thank you for understanding." She whispered into his ear. Her eyes flicked to his ear then cheek. Turning her head slightly, she pressed a tender kiss to his cheek in gratitude.

Leo blushed deeply and pulled back to look at her. "You're welcome."

Evelyn looked at Leo and started to think. She knew Leo would keep his promise he made. A tiny part of her wanted to jump into his arms and say 'you are the one' but deep down she knew he wasn't. "Maybe I should just move on from Will and marry Leo. If I do, everyone gets what they wants." Evelyn thought. "I'm only going to keep hurting myself if I try to win the love of someone who doesn't love me" But that didn't mean that wasn't going to stop her from going to save him.

~

Under the deck of the Black Perl was filthy. It reeked of sweat and stench from the pirates and the black mop water as well. The candles around the walls lit the room so everyone was able to see. Random barrels and supplies laid about the ground around the two cells the Pearl had. Will was in one while the crew was in the other. Will leaned his side against the cell door as he stared off into space. "You're thinking about her aren't you?" Mr. Gibbs asked from the cell right next to his. He gripped the cell bars while looking at the boy with a hint of a grin on his face. Will turned his head and looked at Mr. Gibbs. "The girl, Evelyn." The man added.

"I am." Will felt sort of shy saying so. He had been thinking about Evelyn. He had been thinking about her the whole time she's been away from him. "This is the longest I've ever gone without seeing her." He added, making conversation.

"Do you want to talk about her?" Mr. Gibbs offered kindly, his eyes flickering between the ground and Will. "I know you don't really know me, Will, but I can tell when people look like they need to talk."

Will glanced over at Mr. Gibbs and turned around to press his back against the door. He let out a sigh and started talking. "I never really thought about her in any way. I just thought of her just as Evelyn-my Evelyn-no titles or feelings. It sounds stupid, I know but it's hard to explain."

"You never saw her as a friend or a lover you just saw her as someone who belonged in your life." Mr. Gibbs stated, looking at the back of his head.

"Yes." Will said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a little brown leather pouch. He opened it and pulled out the rose necklace he made for her. He studied it, amazed it didn't fall out of his pocket. "I did think a few times about her romantically but I knew I would never have a chance with her. With her status and mother? It was foolish of me to even imagine it. I knew I couldn't marry her, no matter if I loved her or not, even with Elizabeth. I knew it would break Evelyn's heart if I even tried to have something with her only for it not to work out. That's when I started growing feelings for Elizabeth. I knew it wouldn't affect her in any way if we were together or not. Now that I think of it, I guess I didn't really care about her feelings or thoughts-not how I care about Evelyn's." He paused and put away the necklace.

"Daft boy! Are you daft?!" A strong female voice shouted from behind him. Will whipped around to look at an extremely annoyed Anamaria. "You are in love with her!" She violently pointed her finger at him while gripping the cell bar with the other.

"How do I know if I do?" Will asked gripping the bar cell at his waist.

Anamaria looked as thought she could strangle him if she could. "Listen to yourself! Keep talking about her and you will. And if that doesn't work, then all you need is the right push to set your mind straight." She snapped at him.

Will grew slightly irritated. "It doesn't matter now. She is engaged to a man who can give her everything she deserves. It's too late."

"It's never too late, Will. Give it time and think it over while you still can." Mr. Gibbs said softly. "Knowing her, she's probably on her way now to save your hind. Until then, think if whether or not you love her." And with that, Will and the rest of the grew were quiet.

Hello my darling readers!

I was super excited about writing this chapter! Hopefully you all enjoyed it and understood what I was trying to say.

Let me know your thoughts: team Leo or team Will?

Going to see Avengers Infinity Wars tomorrow! I'm really really excited! But I'm already emotionally unstable. Anyone going to see it? NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! #thanosdemandsyoursilence

Have a good weekend ❤️