03

"I'm just saying Will, I could probably take on a pirate! I've been practicing enough and swords don't scare me anymore." Evelyn said giving a little cocky grin. "Who knows, maybe one day I'll become a pirate myself."

Will chuckled as they walked side by side down the town to where he worked and lived. "Eveyln, you wouldn't last five minutes as a pirate."

The strawberry blonde gave the boy a look. "And why exactly do you think that?" The cocky grin was wiped off of her pink lips.

"Pirates are mean, they can be quite scary." Will started with, his eyes looking ahead of them at the soldiers jogging by them. The townspeople rushed out of the way to the sides, watching and gossiping. Some people following after them to see what was going on.

"You've never seen my scary side." That comment threw Will off guard causing him to throw her a look of surprise.

"Pirates are dirty."

"Will, I play in dirt for fun."

"The uncomfortable kind of dirt, love. The kind of dirt you are not use too nor would like."

"Oh.." Evelyn made a face as she looked at the different windows of shops they walked by.

"They cheat, don't play fair, extremely ill-mannered-"

Evelyn cut him off. "Alright, alright I get it. God, you sound like my mother." She joked as they came up to the barn where Will worked. Looking up, she saw a sign that said "Mr. Brown" and had a picture of a blacksmith painted on it.

"Now that is just offensive." Will said opening the door for her.

Evelyn laughed and walked inside. "Oh come on that's funny." Her laughter died down once she walked inside as Will closed the door behind her, putting the latch down to lock the door. The barn was old, dirty, and covered in hay. Barrels and sorts of contraptions filled the room along with tools and metals of sorts. In the back was a big fireplace that was lit and full of coal. A wooden table where variety of tools were scattered everywhere.

"I'm sorry the place is such a mess." Will said feeling a bit embarrassed, a blushed formed on his cheeks. He looked over at the donkey that was tied to one of the spinning contraptions that held all the hammers. The animal looked disturbed and was walking around causing the contraption to move. Hurrying over, he placed one hand on the animals neck and the other giving soothing rubs on his face, stopping the donkey while calming him down.

Her heart fluttered as she watched him attend and calm the animal down."Don't be, it's your workplace. I really don't mind." Evelyn said softly, giving Will a comforting smile.

Will felt a little at ease with her words but his blush only grew brighter and spread down his neck. He stood up from the donkey and motioned her to follow him. Taking off his jacket, he looked around to check everything.

"It's been a while since I've last been in here." Evelyn said looking around as she followed Will.

"It has, hasn't it?" He said looking at his master, Mr. Brown laying in a chair drunk and asleep. "Right where I left you." He gave an amused smile and moved on while Evelyn looked at the unconscious man.

"Is he okay?" She tilted her head as she studied him.

"He's always like that." Will reassured her as he walked over to his work space, undoing a few buttons of his shirt. He noticed something odd. A hammer out of place. "Not where I left you." He furrowed his eyebrows together.

Picking up the hem of her dress, Evelyn jogged a few steps over to him. "What is it?" She asked looking at the hammer.

Their eyes moved from the hammer to a pirate hat that rested on the top of the table. They glanced at each other confused before fixing their gaze back on the hat. Will reached out to grab it but a sword smacked his hand. The two jumped a bit and turned to see a pirate standing in front of them. Evelyn gasp and looked at the man. Will didn't take his eyes away from the pirate but grabbed Evelyn and moved her behind him. "You're the one their hunting. The pirate." Will held Evelyn behind him as he moved her back to they backed up.