18

Jack and Evelyn walked out of the clear blue ocean and on to the white sandy shoreline of the island completely soak. They glanced at each other and looked ahead at Elizabeth glaring at them as she sat on the sand. The wind picked up a bit causing the trees and bushes to shake while making the soak triplets shake in chills but stopping due to the warmth of the sun.

Jack cradled his belongings against chest, glaring at the beach.

With a hand on her sword handle, Evelyn trudged through the water until she reached the shore. Her wet strawberry blonde hair covered her face until she turned her head and looked up at Jack beside her. "Thank you." Her words came out breath like. Her pink lips turned up in a sincere smile.

Jack smiled back, a feeling of warmth spread through him as she looked at her smile. Even if he was back on the island where he once was marooned too, Evelyn's bright company seemed to make it just a bit better.

They both turned around and looked back at the Black Pearl sailing away. "That's the second time I've watched the sail away with my ship." Jack panted.

Elizabeth pushed herself off of the beach and up behind them, still at a good distance, watching the ship as well. Even though she hated the two she was stuck with, she knew she'd have to talk to them. "So now what do we do?" She asked trying to keep her voice light.

Evelyn and Jack exchanged slightly annoyed glances as Evelyn gave throaty groan. Glancing back at the Pearl, they slowly shifted their feet and turned to face the island to look at her. "Good question," Evelyn said, mentally cringing as she regarding Elizabeth. Turning her head, she looked up at Jack. "Now what do we do?"

Jack glanced at Elizabeth and then at Evelyn. He shrugged and walked up along the sandy beach. Elizabeth and Evelyn watched him and then glanced up at each other before looking back at Jack's back. "Jack?" Evelyn called out following him, Elizabeth following closely behind. The pirate didn't even glance back. He bent over and placed his weapons on the sand. Standing up for a second, he took off his vest and placed it on top of the items. He rolled up his sleeves then sat down on the beach. He took off his boots and then rolled up his pants. "Jack?" Evelyn called again standing in front of him.

"Yes, love?" He spoke finally, looking up at her. The pirate pushed himself off of the beach and brushed his palms to get the sand off of his hands.

Elizabeth came up to Evelyn's side and looked at Jack the same way Evelyn-waiting for him to answer the question.

"Now what do we do?" Evelyn repeated the sentence, leaning her face forward a bit waiting for an answer.

Jack nonchalntly turned around and walked deeper into the island. "Nothing." He replied in a causal whisper without looking back.

"Nothing?" Evelyn looked at him in a deep, almost annoyed confusion. "Did he just say nothing?" Evelyn asked incredulously, looking up at Elizabeth.

"He just say nothing." Elizabeth gave a nod as she glared at Jack's back then looked down at Evelyn for a mere second before rolling her eyes.

"Oh come on." She said quietly to Elizabeth before taking off running after the pirate.
~
"But you were marooned on this island. We can escape the same way you did then." Evelyn said quickly as she and Elizabeth were hot on Jack's trail.

The pirate quickly stopped and turned around slightly annoyed. The girls stopped in their tracks and looked at him. "To what point and purpose, young missy?" He snapped at her, guilt instantly hitting him. "The Black Pearl is gone." He spoke a bit softer as he looked between both girls now. "Unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in the bodice," he motioned his hand up and down Elizabeth's body, glancing at her chest. "Unlikely." He looked over at Evelyn's emerald eyes. "Young Mr. Turner will be dead long before you can reach him." Evelyn let out a breath through her nose as she looked down at the grass beneath her feet for a second. Jack's face soften and he slowly felt the guilt rising even more as he looked at her. He reached out to give a squeeze on Evelyn's shoulder and then turned around walking up to a palm tree.