Darker Than Love | 35

Start from the beginning

"We're gonna get it fixed, okay? Just- relax, please." I nodded my head slowly and turned to face him. I buried my face into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and using that as a means for mine to beat at a steady pace.

When I was sure I calmed down I pulled away from his chest and peered up at him, smiling softly at the concerned look in his eyes. "I don't wanna stay here today," I said and he frowned deeply as he swiped away the tear that trickled down my cheek. "Where do you wanna go?"

"I don't know, I just want to have fun, get my mind off of Deborah, get drunk." He chuckled amusedly and by the look on his face, I could tell that he thought I was joking. "Mason, seriously, I want to leave the house and get drunk so let's go do that," I said as I began to pull away.

He grabbed my hand and tugged me back into his arms, "Michelle you're upset-"

"Exactly! And I want to party, I didn't come here to sit and eat food in the living room, I came here to have fun so let's go do that. There's a party at this bar that I go to with my parents Downtown whenever we visit, we should check it out." I said frantically as I manoeuvred past him.

He sighed heavily behind me and fell into step beside me as I climbed up the stairs. I could see him flashing me concerned glances but I ignored him as I made my way into the room to retrieve my towel. He slumped down onto the bed and watched me silently as I slipped out of my clothes and wrapped the towel around my body.

"You wanna join me?" I taunted and he shook his head slowly, a small smile climbing onto his face as our eyes interlock. "Go ahead," he mumbled as he motioned to the door. With a sigh, I tumbled out of the room and made my way into the washroom.

I really wanted this, I just wanted to forget that I broke down in Mason's arms moments ago because it'll be like admitting to myself that I'll never fully get over Deborah's death. And I'll never forgive Kaleb for killing her or running away to not get caught as he said.

Whichever one is true, he's still la conniving evil bastard and he'll never get my forgiveness, not even if I had a gun pressed to my head.

I climbed into the shower and turned the knob, ignoring the fact that the water was ice cold. Coldwater snapped me back to reality, it didn't soothe me, nor did it relax any tensed muscles. It awoken my senses, made me see things sharper if that made sense.

A cold bath was like my personal defibrillator.

After showering I dried myself off and made my way back into the room but Mason was no longer on the bed. I shut the door behind me and retrieved a simple outfit from my closet. A white bodycon dress, a pair of white sneakers because I didn't feel like wearing heels and a simple necklace.

I pulled my hair into a neat ponytail and grabbed my phone off the bed before sauntering down the stairs and into the family room where I suspected Mason was.

He was leaned against the glass, his eyes fixated on the pool beneath it. He was already dressed and I suspected he took a bath in my parent's room because that's the only other bathroom in the house. "Hey, you ready?" I inquired as I sauntered towards him.

He tilted his head towards me and smiled, "yeah I am, you look great, let's just hope no one else thinks you look great because I'll make sure they can't look at anything ever again." He exclaimed as his arms encircled my waist and he pulled me by his side. 

"You're so violent."

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and tugged me out of the house and down the stairs. "You like it," he winked. I rolled my eyes and slipped into the passenger seat as Mason climbed in beside me. He started the car and pulled out of the driveway and onto the streets.