Chapter 7

Zoe POV
Looking at percy i am starting to question his sanity and his sadastic laughter just prove my point even further. I think he spend too much time down here. After we get uot of this mess we will have a long chat about him. Now back to the battle, a monster throw his axe at me which i flipped over at while doging to the side avoiding a blow a monster tried to strike at i let my body and instincts take over. Killing monster left and right, looking back at my shoulder i see percy smiling and laughing at the same time as killing them. That creepy smile never leaving his face. I sighed and went back to killing them. Soon enough only us is left in the battle field Tartarus must have fled seeing us killing his monsters easily coward i thoughted bitterly. Pushing the memories of the torture he has given to me from overwhelming me. I sighed again and went to percy to see what he has in mind watching and waiting to see what he is going to do. He started walking towards the general direction of the safe house/base. I followed we walk in a comfortable silence until i decide to break it.

"What was that? You ok the whole time you were smiling and laughing and it is creeping me out." I told him.

"Sorry if i scared you i got a little excited and i am fine really." He replied. I know he is lying but decide to jot push him since i am afraid that i will make it worst. So it was silent as we trek back to base. No monster dared to attack us which honestly is making me bored nothing to practice myself on as percy is too hard and he seems in a trance/daze thingy. Walkin and walking until we came across an old building. I looked at percy and saw him nod. We went inside and killed any monsters there. We found someone in chains spread eagle style on the wall. It was too dark to see cleary but clear enough to see the man was unconsious. We decided to take and bring him with us as it is rare to see anyone down here. It gets lonely fast even though there is percy but he seems to be in thoughts lately and it is getting me worried as this never happened but i never brought it up telling myself it is non of my business and he will tell me if it is needed. I trust him maybe more than i should but we are in Tartarus we cannot trust anyone but ourself. While we walk i sank to my thoughts remembering that day where he told me about him and Artemis's relationship.
_____________Flash back_______________
"Hey Zoe i need to talk to you about something you need to know." He said nervously? I frowned he was never nervous until now huh i guess there is a first time for things. So i followed him.

"Ok to be blunt let just say me and Artemis are in a relationship as if in a lover relationship." He said bluntly. I stayed still processing the words he told me. When i did i was shocked i am sure i dislocated my jaw. He laughed at my expression as i am sure it is funny because he rarely laugh so i feel like i made a acomplishment.
________________Flash back____________
I sighed those were the happy times. Now percy almost never laugh and it is making me worried but not to much as Tartarus do that to people. But no matter what i am still woried as he became much colder, sadastic and all the signs od a lunatic/insane person. It all started that day where he said he would take a walk when he returned he seem different as in the inside on the outside he looks nothing different all but his eyes if you look closely you can see cracks in them i thought it was just his betrayal all until it gets wider and he starts to talk to himself when he thought i wasn't around. So when we arrived i told him after we eat he and i are going to have a chat. He visibly gulped so he figured ou what we are going to talk about. He keep making excuses but i had enough and will not relent towards his excuses. Until he finally sighed and told me he would tell me later after we eat. I silently celebrated finally i can tell what is wrong with him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Line break<<<<<<<<<<<
After we ate we went to Percy's bedroom i dont know why so dont ask.
"Alright you want explaination to why i rarely smiled and was cold to you it is because i was cursed with insanity and a heart as cold as ice and as hard as steel and there is nothing i can do about it." He explained sadly. I geltbsad for him so i do what people normaly do i hugged him tightly while saying that i will always be ther for him. He gladly hugged me back while crying a little than he soon enough fall asleep when i tucked him in his bed only then i realised he lacked sleep. So i left him when i turned to close the door i saw his face is peaceful so i smiled my first smile after he went cold.
^^^^^^^To be continued^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Everyone has a side they show to others and one that is kept hidden."