Chapter Two

(Picture of Jasmine)

[Jasmine]

Just leave me alone.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not get the words that Jacob said out of my head. The words stung fresh when he said them. They stung during all of my classes and the sting was still growing strong as I took my lunch tray over to my regular table in the center of the cafeteria.

And it was weird because I just knew he existed but here I was thinking way too hard about him like we've known each other for years. Damnit. Jacob, what have you done to me? We haven't even had a decent conversation. Hell, we weren't even friends!

But here I was sitting with my friends in complete silence hoping that he was okay.

I was starving but I couldn't bring myself to pick up my silverware and devour the lasagna sitting in front of me.

"You alright, Jas?" My other best friend Jewels asked, hushing my thoughts and snapping me back into reality. My behavior wasn't hard to detect at all. I wasn't really good at hiding my emotions even if I wanted to. I wasn't good at lying either...

"Huh? what? Oh yeah girl don't worry about it." I shooed her away. See? I was a horrible liar! I knew that was more un-believable than Craig waking up before me in the mornings.

Diamond touched my arm and gave me one of her pity smiles. "Is it about you know who?"

"You know who what?! I wanna know too!" Jewels pouted, giving me one of her you-left-me-out puppy dog looks.

You know who? Damn. I wasn't going out with the boy. I mean he was...really good-looking but we didn't go out and it irked me that my friends would think like that. "No! It's not about anybody! Let's just-" I picked up my fork and knife, hoping my weak smile would make them leave the situation alone.

They glanced at each other before continuing their meals. Victory.

I sighed and as I took a bite of my lasagna. It might have tasted better if my taste buds weren't being so stubborn. Like Jacob. Ugh...why did everything come back to him?! Get out of my head. Get out of my...

"Hey sis, can we crash?"

I looked up and saw my brother, his girlfriend Sasha, Rayan and Chresanto standing over me. I glared at each and every one of them.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Diamond scooting over to make room for Craig (I'm pretty sure). Hell no! Those lowlifes were NOT going to sit with me after what they did to Jacob and as for Craig's girlfriend...I just didn't like her! "Um...No? Why?"

Diamond stopped moving and looked from me to Craig. She has been my friend long enough to know that me and my brother fought constantly.

"Why you trippin' Jasmine? There's no more room at our table." Craig's voice turned angry.

My brother's anger did not scare me. He was all bark and no bite to me. "I'm not and that is not my problem!" I snapped looking directly into his eyes.

"Man you walkin' home..." Craig mumbled sitting down at our table anyway. His little "posse" followed him as usual.

I growled and rolled my eyes. Whatever. I would just tell mom and dad anyway. I loved to get him in trouble.

Chresanto's ass sat right next to me, giving me a lustful grin. Could this moment in my life grow any worst?

"Hey Jasmine. Craig and I are throwing a party this Saturday...you should bring your new loser boyfriend!" Sasha sing-songed making Craig, Rayan and Chresanto burst out laughing.